THE ICONIC is a truly unique brand. We entered the market in 2011 with the vision of defining the future of fashion retail. Since then we have created a brand known throughout Australia by connecting shoppers with the best fashion and sports product through the most inspiring and rewarding shopping experience.
THE ICONIC stands for benchmark-setting customer experiences (3 hour delivery, access to over 1000 top brands, market-leading shopping app), for impassioned communities (connecting Australians fashion and sports lovers through digital innovation), and for our love of the newest in fashion from our 1000+ leading local and international brands. We want to inspire Australians and New Zealanders to constantly explore new sides of their identity, and have a whole lot of fun doing it.
We believe that the ultimate path to business success for THE ICONIC is through a focus on customers and through delivering a seamless and inspiring customer experience across our multiple touch points. THE ICONIC needs to occupy a meaningful place in the lives of its customers and that can only happen if we focus on who our customers are and how we can delight them.
Director of Customer Product is responsible for driving the seamless and inspiring experience that customers have across our shopping journey by working with a fantastic team of product owners, designers and developers to bring the experience to life. Not only this, the roles requires collaboration across every area and management level of the organisation to share learnings and to evangelize the product strategy and vision.
So, what will I be doing?
- Take ownership of the product strategy & road-map for our existing and future customer facing products on website, apps and mobile sites
- Be fully responsible for the smooth operation, quality and maintenance of these products
- Be an evangelist for customer product strategy internally - be the voice of customers with vendors and executive team
- Make sure our customer product feature development is prioritised appropriately
- Ensure requirements are gathered accurately, that collaborators have transparency on what features and processes are changing and why
- Coach and lead the product management practices of product managers by providing leadership, expertise, ongoing career support and timely feedback
- Work closely with the internal facing product teams and technology teams
- Use agile/lean methodologies to get things done
- Be able to facilitate decision making at the executive level on the best approach for introducing new platforms into the business eg. decide if we build, buy, partner for a new application
- Be close to customer and user needs and understand their pain points
- Balance business needs with user needs and process requirements when making priority decisions
- Posses a strong view on what is good and bad user experience when assessing new features or improving existing features
- Be comfortable in a highly visible role within the organisation that is accountable for a large remit
- Be able to understand, process and improve processes
- Refine the build measure learn methodologies and create visibility of the links between customer product team outputs and company success
- Contribute to company level and tech are level quarterly Objectives and Key Results
- Reporting directly to the Chief Technology Office and form part of the Senior Leadership team
Who are we looking for?
This is a role for an independent, strategically-minded technology leader. You will have demonstrated experience delivering user facing products a proven track record of leading a customer facing product range with measurable success criteria.
- Proven experience in a product management role, ideally working on B2C products
- Entrepreneurial mindset: adaptable, pragmatic, proactive, hands-on, strategic and analytical
- Understands the principles of lean and agile methodologies with examples for how they can be applied to cross functional teams
- Strong background in establishing and running agile teams
- Expertise in e-commerce, including experience with complex web ecosystems and associated technologies such as transaction systems
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Must be organized and have a positive attitude, energetic approach and self-motivation are all essential
- Previous experience in a senior management capacity
- Proven examples of how you have lead Product Management teams to maturity and what frameworks have worked and not worked for you in the past
We are located in the heart of Sydney with great transport, shopping and food district in easy walking distance along with Hyde Park 2 minutes away for those lunchtime walks, runs or just some fresh air with colleagues.