Welcome to our fabulous world. 🍴We are TheFork. Our mission is to bring happiness through amazing dining experiences, thanks to our 3 main products :
📱 TheFork App : the restaurant discovery and booking app for every occasion
🖥️ TheFork Manager : the tool to digitize restaurant operations and be in full control of your business
💳 TheFork Pay & gift cards : the new and amazing dining payment experience
Creator of a unique model that disrupted the restaurant industry 15 years ago, we are now the leading dining platform across Europe and Australia. We are experiencing an exciting period of growth, and we need the greatest folks onboard. Together, we will make our wildest dreams come true! We strongly believe that our mission can only be achieved if we also bring happiness to our working environment. We do this by providing a flexible, multicultural and positive environment where each individual has the space to grow.
We nurture this happy culture through our core values: We are better together - We act like an owner - We genuinely care for our users and customers - We believe in transparency - We never stop learning - Speed wins
Oh! And we are also part of the big Tripadvisor family ❤️
Your future buddies, the Forkies.
About engineering @ TheFork:
- Our team is based on 100+ people including engineers, QA, design, product and devOps.
- We have an international team, with people working from France, Italy, Portugal, UK and Argentina.
- Our stack is mostly in Node both on the backend and frontend, and we work with React for our interfaces and GraphQL as API. Our Mobile Apps are made with Swift and Kotlin.
- Our engineers take great pride in their code, and pay close attention to the submitted pull requests.
- We solve many challenges with highly performant solutions, addressing beautiful interfaces without being troubled by the scalability of the platform itself.
Specific tasks for this position will include:
- Review and analyze functional requirements to ensure that requirements are testable.
- Work with Business Analysts to get requirement clarifications. Communicate gap, inconsistency, or errors on the functional requirements to the Business Analyst.
- Translate the business functional requirements into high level test scenarios with test estimation, create test plans, and provide test estimates to QA Manager for project scheduling purposes.
- Develop detailed test cases, ensure that tests cover all features of the system (happy path and edge cases), and ensure complete test-to-requirement coverage.
- Work with the developers to identify and prepare test data needed for the test execution.
- Perform various types of QA software testing including manual functional, web usability, system integration, regression, cross browser compatibility, backend database validation and mobile application testing.
- Perform data validation on the back-end Oracle or MS SQL database by writing SQL queries.
- Document software issues on Jira and assist development with concise and detailed steps for duplication of issues found.
- Work collaboratively with the project team to communicate testing progress and status, attend defect triage meetings to prioritize and track defects to closure, discuss project updates and issues to ensure appropriate follow through to resolution.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software functionality and web usability.
- Attend an application demo with the project team and business stakeholders.
- Provide weekly status to QA Manager to ensure that work is carried out in accordance with the schedule and testing requirements.
- At least 3 years of experience hands on Jira prepare test cases, manage test execution, report defects, and communicate defects with the project team.
- Familiarity with different types of testing methods and techniques. At least 5 years of experience in writing detailed test scenarios and test cases based on business functional requirements and technical specifications documents.
- 3+ years of experience testing web applications built using different technologies including VB, JAVA, MS CRM Dynamics, Oracle, and MS SQL Server.
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts and proficiency with SQL.
- Understanding of quality assurance concepts, best practices, and methodology.
- Possess strong analytical skills and attention to detail. Proven ability to analyze detailed business requirements, raise questions, and seek resolution to outstanding clarifications required to test case identification.
- Familiarity with different system development techniques such as Waterfall, Hybrid Agile, and Agile methodologies.
Why join us ?
😄 An awesome team (not everybody like our jokes, but we try our best)
🏠 A Permanent contract (that can be useful in life)
⚖️ Flexible working environment (2 days home office per week)
💚 Complementary time off to spend with your loved ones
💸 Competitive fixed salary, bonus and equity (yes, equity!)
🍕 Lunch vouchers available for each working day (because yes, we like to try our best restaurants)
🌎 International teams - More than 30 nationalities and 16 offices worldwide
🏳️🌈 Highly inclusive working environment
🤸♀️ Lifestyle benefits that can be used to reimburse physical, leisure activities, family support, travel etc
🎓 Continuous learning and development programs (with full access to LinkedIn Learning!)
👶 Financial benefits in the events of a birth, adoption, pacs, or wedding
😌 Free access to the Calm app
🏡 Housing assistance plan to help find accommodations, or with repairs for your home
🏥 72% of health insurance fully covered by the company
👩🦽 Life Insurance and Disability at no cost to the employee
🍴 Amazing offices with dining, coffee point on each floor, and leisure area
🎤 Team building events (we love karaoke. A lot. A lot.