Senior Fullstack Engineer
Welcome to our fabulous world. 🍴We are TheFork. Our mission is to bring happiness through amazing dining experiences, thanks to our 3 main products :
📱 TheFork App : the restaurant discovery and booking app for every occasion
🖥️ TheFork Manager : the tool to digitize restaurant operations and be in full control of your business
💳 TheFork Pay & gift cards : the new and amazing dining payment experience
Creator of a unique model that disrupted the restaurant industry 15 years ago, we are now the leading dining platform across Europe and Australia. We are experiencing an exciting period of growth, and we need the greatest folks onboard. Together, we will make our wildest dreams come true! We strongly believe that our mission can only be achieved if we also bring happiness to our working environment. We do this by providing a flexible, multicultural and positive environment where each individual has the space to grow.
We nurture this happy culture through our core values: We are better together - We act like an owner - We genuinely care for our users and customers - We believe in transparency - We never stop learning - Speed wins
Oh! And we are also part of the big Tripadvisor family ❤️
Your future buddies, the Forkies.
In this context, we are looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer (NodeJS/ReactJS) with experience on a high traffic website.
- You will contribute to design features with your team,
- You will take part in the implementation of the new features of our products,
- You will be working on TFM3: our software used by 55k restaurants to daily manage their bookings.
What technologies are we using?
- Our stack is mostly in Node both on the backend and frontend, and we work with React for our interfaces and GraphQL as API.
- Our front-end solutions are built upon ReactJS, Redux, LESS/SASS, Grunt and Webpack, ES6, respecting BEM methodology over material design style guides,
- Our back-end technical stack relies mainly on NodeJS and PHP /Symfony for legacy. We also use relational databases (MySQL and PostgreSQL), memcache, RabbitMQ,
- Our architecture is micro-service oriented with GraphQl API,
- Our websites and servers are monitored with New Relic and ad hoc probes for specific needs,
- We monitor applications through ELK,
- We are using unit, functional and integration testing to have quality proof software,
- We are well advanced in the process of migrating to Kubernetes and AWS for orchestration and hosting,
- We use JIRA and Confluence,
- We are using capistrano, jenkins, docker, chef, vagrant to setup our continuous integration system,
- Our infrastructure is based on a scalable horizontal architecture to serve our customers in 12 countries.
- Our engineers take great pride in their code, and pay close attention to the pull requests you will submit.
Who you are ?
- You are experienced with NodeJS,
- You are experienced with ReactJS, Flux, Redux,
- You are an expert in native JS,
- You care about security, quality and performance,
- Applies progressive enhancement philosophy,
- You are enthusiastic, proactive, and stimulated by working as a team,
- You are comfortable writing and speaking in english.
- Nice to have
- Knowledge about Typescript & GraphQL APIs
- You know the Scrum methodology
- Ability to manage complexity in a large project
- Experience working with remote teams
- You contribute to open source or know many open source bundle,
- You have a good knowledge of the concepts and technologies of relational database, SQL, query optimization, etc.,
- You have a first experience of no-sql systems or on SOLR, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Memcached, Redis,
- Notions in responsive programming is a plus.
What we offer you
- 😄 An awesome team (not everybody like our jokes, but we try our best)
- 🏠 A Permanent contract (that can be useful in life)
- ⚖️ Flexible working environment (2 days home office per week)
- 💸 Competitive fixed salary, bonus and equity (yes, equity!)
- 🍕 Lunch vouchers available for each working day (because yes, we like to try our best restaurants)
- 🌎 International teams - More than 30 nationalities and 16 offices worldwide
- 🏳️🌈 Highly inclusive working environment
- 🤸♀️ Lifestyle benefits that can be used to reimburse physical, leisure activities, family support, travel etc
- 🎓Continuous learning and development programs (with full access to LinkedIn Learning!)
- 😌 Free access to the Calm app
- 🏥 Health insurance fully covered by the company
- 👩🦽 Life Insurance and Disability at no cost to the employee
- 💗 Welfare allowance school costs, elderly care, babysitting costs, transportation, travel leisure
- 🍴 Amazing offices with dining, coffee point on each floor, and leisure area
- 🎤 Team building events (we love karaoke. A lot. A lot.)