Welcome to our fabulous world. 🍴We are TheFork. Our mission is to bring happiness through amazing dining experiences, thanks to our 3 main products :
📱 TheFork App : the restaurant discovery and booking app for every occasion
🖥️ TheFork Manager : the tool to digitize restaurant operations and be in full control of your business
💳 TheFork Pay & gift cards : the new and amazing dining payment experience
Creator of a unique model that disrupted the restaurant industry 15 years ago, we are now the leading dining platform across Europe and Australia. We are experiencing an exciting period of growth, and we need the greatest folks onboard. Together, we will make our wildest dreams come true! We strongly believe that our mission can only be achieved if we also bring happiness to our working environment. We do this by providing a flexible, multicultural and positive environment where each individual has the space to grow.
We nurture this happy culture through our core values: We are better together - We act like an owner - We genuinely care for our users and customers - We believe in transparency - We never stop learning - Speed wins
Oh! And we are also part of the big Tripadvisor family ❤️
Your future buddies, the Forkies.
What we do in Legal:
The Global Legal Team at TheFork is here to unlock business opportunities by empowering TheFork leaders to take informed business decisions and reasonable risks in every Country where diners and Restaurant owners meet for amazing dining experiences. Our Team is growing internationally and we don’t lose our soul and goal: we strive to provide our business clients with concise, effective and down-to-earth legal advice, we are ahead of the curve in understanding the regulatory, commercial and compliance requirements, now and in the foreseeable future.
What you’ll do:
TheFork is recruiting a Sr. Commercial Counsel for its global legal team, reporting into the Global Head of Legal and managing one commercial counsel. You will provide legal advice to all Countries where TheFork operates in the World, with a particular focus on Sales, B2B/B2B Marketing, IT and Tech matters. When taking on this role, you will become a trusted advisor to local leaders in the Paris office of TheFork, and you will work as an integral part of TheFork global legal team. Particularly, we foresee you to be active in the following areas, but be ready to be flexible as in Tech, business priority may change and we count on your flexibility and agility to adapt to the most current needs of our clients:
- Provide legal support to the TheFork Group Marketing, Sales, Sales Operations team;
- Be a contract ninja, create and review templates, review marketing campaigns, tackle complex commercial transaction issues and scale vendor/IT operations along with the relevant stakeholders;
- Be ready to provide prompt legal advice on a wide range of legal requests from business partners in a variety of teams, including: Sales, B2B Marketing, B2C Marketing and Corporate Communications / PR.
- Work with the Tripadvisor Procurement team to manage contracts lifecycle, come up with new ideas to scale and automate business processes and operations involving legal support and advice;
- Be an enabler, move from “no” to a “yes, but” attitude;
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations in Spain, Portugal and beyond, directly or through savvy use of outside counsels;
- Provide strategic legal and business advice to help develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to legal issues/risks;
- Administration and resolution of legal issues, pre-litigation & litigation commercial disputes.
- Work closely with other lawyers in the TheFork and Tripadvisor’s wider Legal team, both in Europe and in the US;
- Engage and manage outside counsel;
Who we are looking for?
- 8+ years of experience, preferably with both law firm and in-house corporate experience, with experience in handling commercial and marketing matters.
- Qualified to practice in France preferred - exposure to work in other EU locations and ability to speak other EU languages also an asset and considered;
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task, prioritize and follow-through on numerous projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
- Self-starter and able to work well independently and as part of a team, with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively frame issues to drive analysis and execution.
- Excellent business judgment and strategic thinking.
What we offer you
😄 An awesome team (not everybody like our jokes, but we try our best)
🏠 A Permanent contract (that can be useful in life)
⚖️ Flexible working environment (2 days home office per week)
💚 Complementary time off to spend with your loved ones
💸 Competitive fixed salary, bonus and equity (yes, equity!)
🍕 Lunch vouchers available for each working day (because yes, we like to try our best restaurants)
🌎 International teams - More than 30 nationalities and 16 offices worldwide
🏳️🌈 Highly inclusive working environment
🤸♀️ Lifestyle benefits that can be used to reimburse physical, leisure activities, family support, travel etc
🎓 Continuous learning and development programs (with full access to LinkedIn Learning!)
👶 Financial benefits in the events of a birth, adoption, pacs, or wedding
😌 Free access to the Calm app
🏡 Housing assistance plan to help find accommodations, or with repairs for your home
🏥 72% of health insurance fully covered by the company
👩🦽 Life Insurance and Disability at no cost to the employee
🍴 Amazing offices with dining, coffee point on each floor, and leisure area
🎤 Team building events (we love karaoke. A lot. A lot.)
We believe that we are better together, and at TheFork we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At TheFork, we want you to bring us your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively keep disrupting the restaurant industry and go from good to great.