Welcome to our fabulous world. 🍴We are TheFork. Our mission is to bring happiness through amazing dining experiences, thanks to our 3 main products :
📱 TheFork App : the restaurant discovery and booking app for every occasion
🖥️ TheFork Manager : the tool to digitize restaurant operations and be in full control of your business
💳 TheFork Pay & gift cards : the new and amazing dining payment experience
Creator of a unique model that disrupted the restaurant industry 15 years ago, we are now the leading dining platform across Europe and Australia. We are experiencing an exciting period of growth, and we need the greatest folks onboard. Together, we will make our wildest dreams come true! We strongly believe that our mission can only be achieved if we also bring happiness to our working environment. We do this by providing a flexible, multicultural and positive environment where each individual has the space to grow.
We nurture this happy culture through our core values: We are better together - We act like an owner - We genuinely care for our users and customers - We believe in transparency - We never stop learning - Speed wins
Oh! And we are also part of the big Tripadvisor family ❤️
Your future buddies, the Forkies.
What you will be doing
TheFork Payment Domain is looking for a passionate technical leader to join our team. You will be contributing to TheFork PAY, our Payment Platform meant to deliver new amazing payment features to our customers in the next 5 years.
You will be a key part of a cross-functional team, collaborating with other engineers, product managers, designers and architects in a distributed environment across multiple countries.
It won’t be only a matter of producing good and valuable code: we expect your impact to go beyond your team and the features you’ll be working on.As lead we will not expect you to assign task and check the activities of the team, instead you will be in charge of working with the team to reach the common goals. According to what you like the most, you’ll find yourself contributing to the evolution of our tech platform as well as fostering best practices and processes within our domain and, last but not least, joining forces with product managers and designers to shape our lovely products yet to come. A lot of things to have fun with.
Who you are
- you are a nice person. We want you to enjoy building cool stuff together in a positive and supportive environment and work culture
- you have strong programming skills and deep understanding of software architectures, especially large-scale and scalable system
- you want to keep an hands on role, writing code and participating in code reviews
- you have a good product-oriented mindset: for you why you’re building a piece of software is as important as how you’re building it
- you are collaborative and your communication is effective. You know how to drive the team towards the right solution without imposing it, being able to gain consensus instead.
- your english is fluent
And also some nice to have:
- you are already familiar with our tech stack. Our platform is composed of several microservices based mainly on Node.JS, Typescript, React, PostgreSQL, GraphQL, RabbitMQ, Cucumber, Kibana and New Relic
- you already led a team of fullstack engineers
- you have expertise on digital payments and you know how to deal with payment service providers
- you are already familiar with Shape Up. But if you are used to some Agile methodologies it is fine too.
What we offer you
- 😄 An awesome team (not everybody like our jokes, but we try our best)
- 🏠 A Permanent contract (that can be useful in life)
- ⚖️ Flexible working environment (2 days home office per week)
- 💸 Competitive fixed salary, bonus and equity (yes, equity!)
- 🍕 Lunch vouchers available for each working day (because yes, we like to try our best restaurants)
- 🌎 International teams - More than 30 nationalities and 16 offices worldwide
- 🏳️🌈 Highly inclusive working environment
- 🤸♀️ Lifestyle benefits that can be used to reimburse physical, leisure activities, family support, travel etc
- 🎓Continuous learning and development programs (with full access to LinkedIn Learning!)
- 😌 Free access to the Calm app
- 🏥 Health insurance fully covered by the company
- 👩🦽 Life Insurance and Disability at no cost to the employee
- 💗 Welfare allowance school costs, elderly care, babysitting costs, transportation, travel leisure
- 🍴 Amazing offices with dining, coffee point on each floor, and leisure area
- 🎤 Team building events (we love karaoke. A lot. A lot.)