TheFork, a TripAdvisor Company, is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe, Australia and Latin America, with a network of more than 80k restaurants worldwide, more than 30.5 million monthly visits and present in 22+ countries around the globe.
TheFork connects restaurants and diners.
We are looking for an architect to join our Architecture team, to drive the technical strategy of the platform that powers TheFork and supports its growth.
At TheFork, we generate and manage copious amounts of data. You will help us design and grow TheFork’s data architectures and products. You will also communicate widely and document our system and vision. For this task, we need a data expert focused on solving problems. This expert is also an excellent communicator with the right mindset.
Why should you join us?
You are passionate about technology and comfortable in an international and agile environment. You are ready for the challenge of a high volume for millions of users and tens of thousands of restaurants worldwide.
Our technical platform is in constant evolution: we’re industrialising our AWS-hosted micro-service architecture and working on the building blocks that enable The Fork’s engineering teams to build a fantastic product.
What you’ll be doing
As a member of the Architecture team (20% of your time) and reporting to the Head of Architecture, you will actively work on data related architectures and solutions across the company (80% of your time). You will act as a bridge between the architecture team and all other teams building data solutions. You will also support Data Management efforts across theFork and facilitate cross teams cooperation in relation to data architectures.
You will help turning business orientations and requirements into cleverly designed, robust and performant data architectures and solutions.
You will also:
- define and help implement the interactions and data flows between the Data platform (based on Snowflake) and the other platforms (Engineering, Salesforce, etc.).
- ensure data solutions are used efficiently across all our operations, and help evolve our current data backbone (based on Talend)
Your mission will be to advise on and push future proof data architecture patterns and solutions answering present needs and putting the teams in a position to scale while mastering cost and complexity. The architectures built should drive operational efficiency and maximise data availability & quality. For this, you will analyse and digest what happens in the industry and evaluate return on investment in our context through tech surveys and proofs of concept.
You will drive and challenge the evolution of the Fork engineering data architectures, including all solutions and patterns behind our products, as well by accompanying our data platform evolution.
You will have a deep understanding of the data domain technical solutions and constraints. You will also take action yourself when useful or necessary. You will bring constraints coming from our global architecture target, but also solutions and your help to implement. You will explore new solutions to implement and building proofs of concepts.
You will be a key player in migrating from our current Talend ETL stack to a target you will contribute actively to define. You will also actively work on implementing our future real-time data hub with AWS Kinesis that will connect the engineering domain, the data domain and others.
Inside the Data domain, you will work with data engineers, data analysts, data scientists on a daily basis. You will be the go-to person for all data architecture topics for all engineering & data teams and be the voice of the Architecture within these teams.
Inside the Architecture team, you will represent the Data domain. You will contribute to our weekly discussions and ensure we take decisions that take all domains into consideration and make sense for them. You will participate in all of the team’s rituals (stand-ups, weeklies, retrospectives, ad-hoc meetings). You will contribute to building and maintaining our current and target global architecture documents. You will also contribute to our architectural projects.
This will make you a critical relay of information in both directions.
You embrace a modern way of working in an international and highly distributed remote team.
You build the right documentation and ensure the information flows fast and smoothly.
You build and own excellent documentation: diagrams (as code, with Mermaid), decisions, how-to’s with Notion, LucidCharts, and Google Docs.
Who You Are:
- As a data expert you have a solid technical background and experience in data-intensive systems (> 10 years). Experience in a fast scaling company, working in the cloud with micro-services would certainly be a plus. You already have a significant experience as a technical lead or architect (>2 years).
- You have experience with architectural patterns of large-scale applications.
- You have deep knowledge and experience in databases, DataMarts, Data Modelling, Data Governance, Data Security, BI tools, ETL Solutions, Data Science, DataOps.
- You know how to work with data engineers, data scientists, data analysts, architects, product managers, top management.
- You make the difference between buzz and a long term trend: you listen, read and digest what’s happening in the industry.
- You yourself are (of course!) data-driven!
- You Are a problem solver: You solve complex problems using your technical skills in data, with a good understanding of a full data pipeline (data extraction, transformation, modelling, analysis, enrichment, quality up to business benefit and value).
- You Are an excellent communicator: You have strong oral and written skills and you know how to adapt your communication to the people you are talking to.
- You listen and understand what people say
- You can convince and be convinced. You know how to federate other people into joining you in solving complex problems
- You have the right mindset: You are highly autonomous and know where and when to act taking into account the different constraints.
- You are rigorous, dynamic & curious, equipped with an agile mindset and a strong team spirit that allow you to adapt to a changing environment.
- You are comfortable writing and speaking in English. You don’t have to be perfectly fluent, but it is our language on a day to day basis, as we are spread out across multiple countries and continents.
Our current data stack
- AWS Kinesis
- AWS S3
- Apache Airflow
What do we offer?
Come and build with us a fantastic product! This is a new role in our organisation, and we will learn together. Join a great team with an infinite range of possibilities.
Be part of a hyper-growth digital player, with a strong international presence and with winning company culture (balance long-term perspective with accountability, leverage learning & innovation, increase internal cohesion, build a caring environment)
Attractive salary & bonus based on performance, Restricted Stock Units
Meet-up & Conferences
RTT, flexible hours, home-office