Welcome to our fabulous world. 🍴We are TheFork. Our mission is to bring happiness through amazing dining experiences, thanks to our 3 main products :
📱 TheFork App : the restaurant discovery and booking app for every occasion
🖥️ TheFork Manager : the tool to digitize restaurant operations and be in full control of your business
💳 TheFork Pay & gift cards : the new and amazing dining payment experience
Creator of a unique model that disrupted the restaurant industry 15 years ago, we are now the leading dining platform across Europe and Australia. We are experiencing an exciting period of growth, and we need the greatest folks onboard. Together, we will make our wildest dreams come true! We strongly believe that our mission can only be achieved if we also bring happiness to our working environment. We do this by providing a flexible, multicultural and positive environment where each individual has the space to grow.
We nurture this happy culture through our core values: We are better together - We act like an owner - We genuinely care for our users and customers - We believe in transparency - We never stop learning - Speed wins
Oh! And we are also part of the big Tripadvisor family ❤️
Your future buddies, the Forkies.
About engineering @ TheFork :
- Our team is based on 100+ people including engineers, QA, design, product and devOps.
- We have an international team, with people working from France, Italy, Portugal, UK and Argentina.
- Our stack is mostly in Node both on the backend and frontend, and we work with React for our interfaces and GraphQL as API. Our Mobile Apps are made with Swift and Kotlin.
- Our engineers take great pride in their code, and pay close attention to the submitted pull requests.
- We solve many challenges with highly performant solutions, addressing beautiful interfaces without being troubled by the scalability of the platform itself.
What you will be doing :
In the context of the migration from Solr to Elasticsearch, our SearchTeam is looking for a Back-end Developer with strong knowledge of Elasticsearch, Java & NodeJS.
You will take part in the redesign of our search engine.
Who you are :
- Passionate about software development.
- Experience working with Node projects (2 years minimum).
- Experience working with Elasticsearch (2 years minimum)
- Experience working on search engine implementation
- Experience building and consuming APIs.
- Ability to think of the customer and the business in order to solve problems and get stuff done.
- Motivated to understand how big architectures work (micro-services, integrations with third party applications, cloud services, amongst others).
- Applies progressive enhancement philosophy.
- Proficient English level.
Nice to have :
- Knowledge about Typescript & GraphQL APIs.
- Aware of front-end technologies and frameworks (React).
- Experience working with microservices.
- Ability to manage complexity in a large project, and incur technical debt only after considering the trade-offs.
- Experience working with remote teams.
What we offer you :
- 😄 An awesome team (not everybody like our jokes, but we try our best)
- 🏠 A Permanent contract (that can be useful in life)
- ⚖️ Flexible working environment (2 days home office per week)
- 💸 Competitive fixed salary, bonus and equity (yes, equity!)
- 🍕 Lunch vouchers available for each working day (because yes, we like to try our best restaurants)
- 🌎 International teams - More than 30 nationalities and 16 offices worldwide
- 🏳️🌈 Highly inclusive working environment
- 🤸♀️ Lifestyle benefits that can be used to reimburse physical, leisure activities, family support, travel etc
- 🎓Continuous learning and development programs (with full access to LinkedIn Learning!)
- 😌 Free access to the Calm app
- 🏥 Health insurance fully covered by the company
- 👩🦽 Life Insurance and Disability at no cost to the employee
- 💗 Welfare allowance school costs, elderly care, babysitting costs, transportation, travel leisure
- 🍴 Amazing offices with dining, coffee point on each floor, and leisure area
- 🎤 Team building events (we love karaoke. A lot. A lot.)