Welcome to our fabulous world. 🍴We are TheFork. Our mission is to bring happiness through amazing dining experiences, thanks to our 3 main products :
📱 TheFork App : the restaurant discovery and booking app for every occasion
🖥️ TheFork Manager : the tool to digitize restaurant operations and be in full control of your business
💳 TheFork Pay & gift cards : the new and amazing dining payment experience
Creator of a unique model that disrupted the restaurant industry 15 years ago, we are now the leading dining platform across Europe and Australia. We are experiencing an exciting period of growth, and we need the greatest folks onboard. Together, we will make our wildest dreams come true! We strongly believe that our mission can only be achieved if we also bring happiness to our working environment. We do this by providing a flexible, multicultural and positive environment where each individual has the space to grow.
We nurture this happy culture through our core values: We are better together - We act like an owner - We genuinely care for our users and customers - We believe in transparency - We never stop learning - Speed wins
Oh! And we are also part of the big Tripadvisor family ❤️
Your future buddies, the Forkies.
We are looking for Software Engineers ready to change an industry and join our Engineering Team in Paris or Nantes. We have many challenges that need to be solved with highly performant solutions, addressing beautiful interfaces without being troubled by the scalability of the platform itself.
Our stack is mostly in Node both on the backend and frontend, and we work with React for our interfaces and GraphQL as API. Our Mobile Apps are made with Swift and Kotlin. Our infrastructure is based on a horizontally scalable architecture to serve our customers in more than 10 countries. Our engineers take great pride in their code, and pay close attention to the pull requests you will submit.
The Repeaters team is a new squad of Native Apps / Web / Backend devs, Product manager, Designer & QA. Our mission is to deliver the best product experience so that users want to book restaurants again and again with TheFork.
Partnering closely with Data and CRM teams, we are working on exciting projects that focus on retention, personalization, loyalty and social features.
- Writing clean, concise code in Kotlin
- Working with other engineers through discussions, code review, guilds and pair programming
- Collaborating with designers, product managers, and other engineers to iterate on new features
- Ensure the quality of the app : writing unit and integrated tests, improving the application architecture
- Passionate about software development.
- Experience working on Android development (6 years minimum) and familiar with Android design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience working with Kotlin or similar language.
- Ability to think of the customer and the business in order to solve problems and get stuff done.
- You are enthusiastic, proactive, and stimulated by teamwork
- You apply progressive enhancement philosophy.
- You are willing to engage in a long term, non-exclusive relationship with a codebase
- You are comfortable writing and speaking in English
- One way or another, you’re curious about food
It could be very nice if
- You are comfortable with using Clean Architecture principles.
- You are able to make independent decisions based on product requirements.
- You have used to write in Unit tests, integration tests.
- You are able to manage complexity in a large project, and incur technical debt only after considering the tradeoffs.
- You have experience using GraphQL APIs, RxJava, or Dagger2
- You have experience in working with remote teams.
Our Technical Stack
About our Android App :
- Kotlin (90%), Clean Architecture, Multi-Module architecture, RxJava, Dagger2, RetroFit, Apollo GraphQL
- Google Mobile services / Huawei Mobile services
- CI Jenkins, Spek2 / Mockito / AssertJ
- CD app distribution / PlayStore / Huawei
- Coverage ~50%
- Compatible with minSdk L, up to date with last android version
- Crash Free : 99,8%
- 4,7 Stars on GooglePlay
On iOS :
- Swift (80%)
- Redux Architecture
- PromiseKit, Quick/Nimble, Apollo
- Our back-end technical stack relies mainly on NodeJS
- We use relational databases (PostgreSQL & MySQL) & memcache
- We talk GraphQL, Rest & RabbitMQ
- We monitor applications through ELK, prometheus & grafana, new relic & sentry
- Kubernetes and AWS for orchestration and hosting,
- Micro-services oriented architecture
- Some PHP/Symfony for legacy components
What we offer you
😄 An awesome team (not everybody like our jokes, but we try our best)
🏠 A Permanent contract (that can be useful in life)
⚖️ Flexible working environment (2 days home office per week)
💚 Complementary time off to spend with your loved ones
💸 Competitive fixed salary, bonus and equity (yes, equity!)
🍕 Lunch vouchers available for each working day (because yes, we like to try our best restaurants)
🌎 International teams - More than 30 nationalities and 16 offices worldwide
🏳️🌈 Highly inclusive working environment
🤸♀️ Lifestyle benefits that can be used to reimburse physical, leisure activities, family support, travel etc
🎓 Continuous learning and development programs (with full access to LinkedIn Learning!)
👶 Financial benefits in the events of a birth, adoption, pacs, or wedding
😌 Free access to the Calm app
🏡 Housing assistance plan to help find accommodations, or with repairs for your home
🏥 72% of health insurance fully covered by the company
👩🦽 Life Insurance and Disability at no cost to the employee
🍴 Amazing offices with dining, coffee point on each floor, and leisure area
🎤 Team building events (we love karaoke. A lot. A lot.)