Welcome to our fabulous world. 🍴We are TheFork. Our mission is to bring happiness through amazing dining experiences, thanks to our 3 main products:
📱 TheFork App: the restaurant discovery and booking app for every occasion
🖥️ TheFork Manager: the tool to digitize restaurant operations and be in full control of your business
💳 TheFork Pay & gift cards: the new and amazing dining payment experience
Creator of a unique model that disrupted the restaurant industry 15 years ago, we are now the leading dining platform across Europe and Australia. We are experiencing an exciting period of growth, and we need the greatest folks onboard. Together, we will make our wildest dreams come true! We strongly believe that our mission can only be achieved if we also bring happiness to our working environment. We do this by providing a flexible, multicultural and positive environment where each individual has the space to grow.
We nurture this happy culture through our core values: We are better together - We act like an owner - We genuinely care for our users and customers - We believe in transparency - We never stop learning - Speed wins
Oh! And we are also part of the big Tripadvisor family ❤️
Your future buddies, the Forkies.
What you will do:
As a Senior Data Scientist/Machine Learning Engineer, you will be part of the Data team, which is a transverse organization having a major role to support our Business.
You will report to the Data Science Manager and be part of a growing team (currently ~25 people) including Data Engineers, Data Analyst, Web Analysts…
The Data Team has 3 missions :
- Accelerate the Business thanks to data and insights
- Support company transformation towards a Data-driven Culture
- Develop a valuable and actionable data asset
As a key player in our recently created Data Science team, you will take the ownership on one or several Business-Data Domain(s), on which you will partner with Business teams to help them accelerating their strategy and related projects thanks to data science.
Your Business-Data Domain(s) will mainly focus on TheFork B2C Product (website / app). You will develop a deep understanding of TheFork value proposition for B2C customers in order to deliver best in class data products involving Machine Learning and integrated within our Product.
Example of projects you could be involved in:
- Build recommendations algorithms to be integrated on our app / website
- Improve the way restaurants are ranked in our search engine
- Computer Vision on restaurants photos in order to categorize them
- NLP on our restaurant reviews to leverage them in product features
The expected outcomes of your role are:
- High business value for Demand related projects in production
- Build with your mission team impactful projects around personalization, search or product content to be delivered in production
- You’ll work with Product & Engineering teams and data stakeholders (ML Engineers, Data Analyst…) in order to deliver well shaped, monitored and actionable projects for B2C end users.
- Scalable and performant assets
- All the assets produced to deliver these projects should be scalable, performant and cost efficient. Anyone in the team could be onboarded quickly and maintenance costs should be low
- Bring the Data Science team to the next level
- Data Science team upskilled around Deep Learning and at least one of the following application fields : Computer Vision, Ranking, NLP, Search, Recommendation
- Data Science team organization and technical stack improved in order to support the team growth and new projects requirements
- Grow our demand knowledge in collaboration with other data team members
- Have a deep understanding around demand related data (including web analytics data, logs from the B2C products...)
- Develop a strong expertise around recommendation, search, usage of data science in marketplaces etc...
Who are you:
- You are working in an autonomous, proactive and accountable way: you don’t wait to be told what to do.
- You demonstrate an obsession towards excellence: you systematically consider that good is not enough and constantly consider how to improve and reach the next level of quality, performance and impact
- You play agile and fast: delivering in a fast-paced environment is an easy business for you. You are comfortable to manage several topics in parallel, with different stakeholders involved.
- You bring the outside in: seeking excellence, you have developed habits to benchmark and consider how other companies are doing, what best practices could be source of inspiration and systematically consider how they can apply in your specific business context
- You act as a team player, communicating efficiently and thinking collectively rather than individually (you can see the value bring by these collective concerns)
- You have a Master’s Degree of an Engineering School with a specialization in mathematics, computer science or Data Science / a PhD in mathematics, physics or computer science
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a Data Scientist (at least 2 years for a PhD) in demand related topics (Data Science at scale for a marketplace, expertise around ranking problems…)
- You have a strong experience related to integration of Machine Learning in a B2C product used by millions of customers
- You have excellent analytical skills, involving data analysis and modeling, you are able to modelize complex problems, find the best insights in large datasets and summarize findings in a clear and actionable way
- You have a deep knowledge and industry experience in Deep Learning and at least one of the following topics : Computer Vision, Ranking, NLP, Search, Recommendation
- You have an excellent proficiency in Python and SQL in order to develop POCs then work on their industrialization and integration in the product with Product & Engineering teams
- Strong knowledge about Data Science industrialization (ML Engineering) and MLops best practices
- Experience with AWS is a nice to have
- Your English is professional
- The position is based in Paris or Nantes
What we offer you:
😄 An awesome team (not everybody like our jokes, but we try our best)
🏠 A Permanent contract (that can be useful in life)
⚖️ Flexible working environment (2 days home office per week)
💚 Complementary time off to spend with your loved ones
💸 Competitive fixed salary, bonus and equity (yes, equity!)
🍕 Lunch vouchers available for each working day (because yes, we like to try our best restaurants)
🌎 International teams - More than 30 nationalities and 16 offices worldwide
🏳️🌈 Highly inclusive working environment
🤸♀️ Lifestyle benefits that can be used to reimburse physical, leisure activities, family support, travel etc
🎓 Continuous learning and development programs (with full access to LinkedIn Learning!)
👶 Financial benefits in the events of a birth, adoption, pacs, or wedding
😌 Free access to the Calm app
🏡 Housing assistance plan to help find accommodations, or with repairs for your home
🏥 72% of health insurance fully covered by the company
👩🦽 Life Insurance and Disability at no cost to the employee
🍴 Amazing offices with dining, coffee point on each floor, and leisure area
🎤 Team building events (we love karaoke. A lot. A lot.)