Lead Frond-End Developer @TheFork
We are looking for a Lead Front End developer to join our Engineering Team in Paris (eventually Nantes).
TheFork, a TripAdvisor® Company, is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe, Australia and Latin America, with a network of more than 80k restaurants worldwide, more than 30.5 million monthly visits and present in 22+ countries around the globe.
TheFork connects restaurants and diners.
Through TheFork (website and application), as well as through TripAdvisor, users can easily select a restaurant according to preference criteria (such as the localisation, type of cuisine, restaurant type and average price), consult user reviews, check real-time availability and instantly book online.
From the restaurants side, TheFork provides them with a software solution, TheFork Manager, which enables restaurants to optimize reservations management, streamline operations and ultimately improve service and revenues.
TheFork team aims to inspire and enable people to confidently discover, experience and share food. We operate under a shared set of values that define how we do business and how we interact with our colleagues, our partners, our customers and our food community. We strongly believe that building a diverse workforce of people from all walks of life helps us have a richer, more vibrant, more successful workplace.
- Lead the effort to build, enhance and maintain our front end software in React
- Anticipate, prepare, plan and communicate the technical roadmap of the project to support TheFork growth
- Improve the collaboration work on the project to be increase the number of contributors
- As senior experience, animate the technical front-end international community and grow their skills
- Contribute to the technical strategy for the best of our users taking into account the business constraints
- Ensure the project follows the industry state of the art with high quality level
- Act as a technical advisor & develop TheFork technical visibility on the market
- Contribute to the hiring of new talents, and improve the processes
What technologies are we using?
- Our stack is mostly in Node & Typescript both on the backend and frontend, and we work with React for our interfaces and GraphQL as API
- Our front-end solutions are built upon ReactJS, Redux, LESS/SASS, Grunt and Webpack, ES6, respecting BEM methodology over material design style guides,
- Our back-end technical stack relies mainly on NodeJS and PHP /Symfony for legacy. We also use relational databases (MySQL and PostgreSQL), memcache, RabbitMQ,
- Our architecture is micro-service oriented with GraphQl API,
- Our websites and servers are monitored with New Relic and ad hoc probes for specific needs,
We monitor applications through ELK,
- We are using unit, functional and integration testing to have quality proof software,
- We are well advanced in the process of migrating to Kubernetes and AWS for orchestration and hosting,
- We use JIRA and Confluence,
- We are using capistrano, jenkins, docker, chef, vagrant to setup our continuous integration system,
- Our infrastructure is based on a scalable horizontal architecture to serve our customers in 12 countries.
- Our engineers take great pride in their code, and pay close attention to the pull requests you will submit
Who you are:
- You are experienced with React / NodeJS, Typescript & GraphQL APIs
- You are at least a five-year experienced person working on front-end software using frameworks and consuming APIs
- You are experienced with Jest, Cypress & React-Testing library
- You are an expert in native JS
- You already led a community of developers and succeed to animate him
- You are able to communicate & share both internally (coding dojo, peer coding) & externally (meetup, medium article)
- You are able to manage complexity in a large project
- You care about security, quality and performance & applies progressive enhancement philosophy,
- You are enthusiastic, proactive, and stimulated by working as a team,
- You are comfortable writing and speaking in english.
- You are enthusiastic with UI / UX and are able to work with Designers & UX ResearcherNice to have
- You know the Scrum methodology and have experience working with remote teams
- You contribute to open source or know many open source bundle,
- You have a good knowledge of the concepts and technologies related to Back End world (NodeJS, Postgres, ElasticSearch, Redis, RabbitMQ). Notions in responsive programming is a plus.
- You already have experience on React Native
Why joining us?
You are passionate about technology and comfortable with an international and agile environment? You're ready for the challenge of a SaaS solution that provides several thousands of customers and B2C interfaces for millions of users? Are you ready to invest in a company whose entire service is present in a dozen countries and is subject to heavy use to accompany rapid growth? You want to build reliable front-end and scalable services to power the leader of booking online restaurants?
You will join a dynamic and agile team in a quickly changing environment. You will be involved in an international organization that empowers its employees and that values sharing and development of each of them.Job description
In a context of growing the teams, we are looking for the new lead front-end engineer of the SaaS software TFM3 (TheFork Manager 3) distributed to more than 55k restaurants, that daily manage their bookings.
Flexible working policy
20€ pour tous les nouveaux utilisateurs TheFork avec le code « AURESTO » !
Envie de tester ? Pour soutenir la restauration, TheFork lance la campagne "La France au resto" et offre 20€ à tous les nouveaux convives. Si vous avez déjà dîné avec nous auparavant, faites passer le mot et invitez un ami à vous inviter.
En savoir plus sur https://www.thefork.fr/20euros