TheFork, part of TripAdvisor group company, is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe, Australia and Latin America. We are an innovative and fast-growing company building a unique community of members to transform the way people go to restaurants. Our goal is to become the #1 app for restaurant online booking in the world.
We are looking for an experienced Product Design Director to lead our Product Design team. You will work closely with all teams across the organisation – mostly Product and Engineering, but also Marketing, Sales, Frontline Support, Senior Executives... – to design and ship new features and products to our users, including consumers from the general public (B2C products) and our restaurant partners (B2B products). The role involves leading our design practice, informing our product plans, as well as hands-on design.
You are the ideal candidate for this role if you want to roll up your sleeves, energize teams through your passion for Product Design, and be a driver of change in a successful, fast-growing “scale up” company.
About the role
Your mission is to raise the bar of design at TheFork. You will ensure your team has the space to create products that deliver value to our users. Thanks to your ability to be the voice of the customer, you will be expected to influence product strategy.
- Grow your team of Product Designers in size and skills
- Together with your team, own and produce the design for our Consumer and Restaurateur products, across devices
- Organise and oversee execution of projects and deliverables in a timely manner
- Coach the team to develop best practices and achieve a high bar of quality
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure a smooth product development process
- Personally own some design projects
- Contribute to product roadmaps and planning
- Make proposals and drive change to continuously improve our Product Design practice
- Promote and evangelize about our Product Design work in or outside the company, for example by presenting projects during company events
You will be part of TheFork product team and report to the Chief Product Officer, who is a member of the Executive Committee.
Who you are
- Passionate about food and restaurants
- Minimum 8 years of Product Design experience at start-ups and/or scale-ups, in consumer apps and/or SMB SaaS
- Including minimum 2 years experience managing, coaching and recruiting other Product Designers
- A strong web / app / responsive design portfolio, demonstrating understanding of UX Design, UI Design, Interaction Design, Visual Design and Product strategy – and excelling in at least two of those dimensions
- Recognized ability to create and lead other designers to create delightful experiences
- Experience with transaction-based consumer products (e-commerce, travel...) and complex SaaS B2B products
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. You can articulate the desired outcome of each design and implement the best path to achieve the goal.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. You are able to establish strong relationships with other groups in the organization.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to balance research, creativity and project goals and deadlines
- Strong interest in being a driver of change in a fluid environment
- Fluent in English, comfortable in French or Spanish or Italian
The position is based in Paris, France, with regular interactions with other countries. We are also open to candidates in other locations or working remotely with the possibility to travel to Paris on a regular basis.