TheFork, a TripAdvisor® Company is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe, Australia and Latin America, with a network of more than 80,000 restaurants worldwide, more than 30.5 million monthly visits and present in 22+ countries around the globe.
TheFork connects restaurants and diners.
Through TheFork (website and application), as well as through TripAdvisor, users can easily select a restaurant according to preference criteria (such as the localisation, type of cuisine, restaurant type and average price), consult user reviews, check real-time availability and instantly book online.
From the restaurants side, TheFork provides them with a software solution, TheFork Manager, which enables restaurants to optimize reservations management, streamline operations and ultimately improve service and revenues.
TheFork team aims to inspire and enable people to confidently discover, experience and share food. We operate under a shared set of values that define how we do business and how we interact with our colleagues, our partners, our customers and our food community. We strongly believe that building a diverse workforce of people from all walks of life helps us have a richer, more vibrant, more successful workplace.
We are looking for Software Engineers ready to change an industry and join our Engineering Team in Buenos Aires.
What you will do:
- You will solve many challenges with highly performant solutions, addressing beautiful interfaces without being troubled by the scalability of the platform itself.
- You will work with our great technology!
Our stack is mostly in Node both on the backend and frontend, and we work with React for our interfaces and GraphQL as API. Our Mobile Apps are made with Swift and Kotlin.
Our engineers take great pride in their code, and pay close attention to the pull requests you will submit.
Who you are:
- Experience working with Node.js projects (2 years minimum)
- Experience building and consuming APIs
- Passionate about software development
- Motivated to understand how big architectures work (micro services, integrations with third party applications, data migrations and cloud services)
- Applies progressive enhancement philosophy.
- Ability to make independent decisions based on product requirements.
- Proficient English level
Nice to have:
- Knowledge about Typescript & GraphQL APIs
- Aware of front-end technologies and frameworks (React.js).
- Ability to manage complexity in a large project, and incur technical debt only after considering the trade-offs.
- Experience working with remote teams
What we offer:
- TripAdvisor stocks
- 3 weeks vacation
- OSDE Medical Coverage
- Flexible office hours
- Wellness / Fitness reimbursement + Gym Discounts
- Udemy for Business (Full access to the E-learning Platform)
- Fun times: Team buildings and Day-outs to have fun with your team