LaFourchette, part of the TripAdvisor group, is a pure player company and the European leader of online booking for restaurants. We are an innovative and fast-growing company building a unique community of members to transform the way people dine out!
LaFourchette’s goal is to become the #1 app for online restaurant booking in the world.
Why join us?
You're ready for the challenge of a SaaS service for several thousand customers and B2C interfaces for millions of users? Are you ready to invest in a company whose entire service is subject to heavy use and is present in close to 20 countries, to accompany its rapid growth? You want to secure services that power the leader of online restaurant booking?
You will join a dynamic and agile team in a quickly changing environment. You will be involved in an international organization that empowers its employees, cares about their career and values sharing.
Your main missions :
- We are seeking a database administrator (DBA) with a strong appetite for site reliability, software production processes and how applications use the DB. As part of the Core/OPS team, your primary focus will be on database architecture, deployment, operations and evolution.
- Your main project will be to run our existing MySQL databases and next generation Postgresql clusters supporting a micro-service architecture.
- Automate deployment, monitoring and operations of the overall platform using tools like Terraform and Chef.
- Backup strategy and validation.
- Participate in on-duty monitoring to provide application support, incident management and troubleshooting.
- Work with backend developers to help them to design new databases and optimize their queries.
- Guarantee database scalability and reliability (capacity planning, security audits, system monitoring, application monitoring, alerting…)
- Create and maintain operational procedures and train other members of the team on those subjects
Your skills :
- Postgresql, Mysql (Percona), MariaDB
- Version migration
- Demonstrated ability to run large database installations.
- Ability to pick up and learn new technologies and topics quickly.
- Experience with delivering engineering and operational improvements in an Agile environment.
- Prior meaningful experience of AWS Cloud platform, and familiarity with cloud operations patterns.
- Good Experience with security practices in cloud environments, user management and data access management.
- Good script skills in Bash/Shell, Python, Node or Go.
- Experience of continuous integration and deployment methods, CI/CD with Jenkins
- Good knowledge of data warehouse systems (Hue, Impala, Jupyter)
- Experience with configuration management systems like Chef or Ansible
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code tools like Terraform
- Experience or good knowledge of at least one of the following container orchestration platforms: Kubernetes, EKS, ECS, Rancher, etc.
We appreciate :
- You are eager to learn and share with your colleagues
- You are confident about speaking in English with your foreign colleagues
- You are not opposed to travel between Nantes and Paris offices (once per quarter)
What do we offer?
Being part of hyper growth digital player, headquartered in Paris, with strong international presence and with a winning company culture - balance long-term perspective with accountability, leverage learning & innovation, increase internal cohesion, build a caring environment