The Florida Panthers are a community focused organization led by an authentic management team that served our country and now serves the South Florida community. The organization is on the rise and is experiencing success both on and off the ice. Led by General Manager Bill Zito, the Panthers are coming off their best season in franchise history. Off the ice, the business is experiencing growth across all key metrics and our revenue is at an all-time high. The organization is expanding outside of FLA Live Arena via the renovation of the FTL War Memorial in downtown Fort Lauderdale. This state-of-the-art ice facility will feature two regulation-size rinks, new team practice rink with stadium seating, and a 4,000-capacity music theatre for live entertainment. The future is bright, and we are very proud of what we are building in South Florida.
Job Title: Parking Attendant
Reports To: Parking Manager
Employment Type: Part-Time, Event-Based
Location: FLA Live Arena
The Parking Attendant is a part time employee. This position offers between 4 and 10 hours of work per scheduled event. Typically, events are on evenings and weekends. As a Parking Attendant, you handle the operations of the parking lot in an accurate and timely manner and direct patrons to expedite ingress and egress of cars.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Understand and enforce all FLA Live Arena parking policies & procedures
- Greet and welcome guests upon entry to the venue
- Examine tickets for authenticity, while operating equipment devices for scanning and validating event parking tickets/prepaid passes
- Notifying guests of the current fee for parking
- Collecting credit card payment for parking fees, when necessary
- Directing guests to their proper location to park
- Directing the flow of traffic entering, exiting, and within the venue parking areas
- Provide a safe and clean environment by notifying the proper personnel to handle various situations
- Help with the set-up of parking equipment including cones, poles, barricades and signage
- Help with parking lot cleanup post event; including removing traffic cones and signage after the parking areas have cleared
- Ability to bend or twist at the waist to reach and move items at ground level
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Follows instructions, responds positively to management direction
- Ability to stand throughout the duration of a scheduled shift (minimum 4 hours)
- Must be capable of working outside in a variety of environmental conditions (heat, cold, humidity, high wind, or rain)
- Be available to work a certain percentage of scheduled events as needed (includes nights and weekends)
- Work in a variety of locations and positions as needed
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Provide positive and friendly experience to all customers
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a part-time position. Hours of work are based on event schedule and are mostly nights, weekends and occasional holidays.
At the Florida Panthers Hockey Club, Arena Operating Company, Panthers Ice Den, Sanza Food Service, War Memorial Benefit Corporation, and FLA Team Shop, we strive to make every employee feel valued and respected for who they are and the unique contributions they make. We believe that a diverse and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful company, which is why we aim to infuse diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) into all aspects of our culture and our business.
We welcome all to apply and join our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.