The Florida Panthers are a community focused organization led by an authentic management team that served our country and now serves the South Florida community. The organization is on the rise and is experiencing success both on and off the ice. Led by General Manager Bill Zito, the Panthers are coming off their best season in franchise history. Off the ice, the business is experiencing growth across all key metrics and our revenue is at an all-time high. The organization is expanding outside of Amerant Bank Arena via the renovation of the FTL War Memorial in downtown Fort Lauderdale. This state-of-the-art ice facility will feature two regulation-size rinks, new team practice rink with stadium seating, and a 4,000-capacity music theatre for live entertainment. The future is bright, and we are very proud of what we are building in South Florida.
Job Title: Arena Operations Ice Technician
Department: War Memorial - Operations
Reports To: Manager, Operations
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: FTL War Memorial
The Arena Ice Operations Technician is responsible for maintaining the ice surfaces and related equipment and the overall general maintenance and operational support of the facility.
- Provide ice cuts at specified times according to the ice schedule.
- Check outside perimeter of the ice surface including goal nets and storage areas.
- Edge each ice surface at the end of each day.
- Complete circle check of Zamboni and sign off on Zamboni log at the beginning of each shift.
- Check compressors, dehumidification unit and other machinery and complete logs on regular intervals.
- Walk building to ensure locker rooms, party rooms and other areas are secured.
- Maintain cleanliness of the Zamboni room and operations areas.
- Check ice depth on each surface when requested by Operations Manager.
- Report any repairs and damage to Operations Manager
- Conducting a final walk through of the building and ensuring all public areas are cleaned and building is secure.
- Assist in cleaning locker rooms, bathrooms and all public areas of the building.
- Removal of all trash from property.
- Assisting with hanging signs, set up of conference room and/or building for special events.
- Provide support as needed at skate counter and otherwise to support daily operational needs.
- Other duties, cleaning and otherwise, as deemed necessary or as directed.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license.
- Ideal candidate will possess recent related experience in the preparation and maintenance of ice.
- Candidate will meet the physical demands of the job, which include lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Candidate will have the ability to work as a team player and have good self-motivational skills.
- Sound organizational and time-management skills.
- Job reliability, diligence, dedication, and attention to detail.
- Flexibility with work schedule - Nights, weekends, and holidays required.
- This is an hourly position.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a Full-Time position. Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and occasional holidays.
At the Florida Panthers Hockey Club, Arena Operating Company, Panthers Ice Den, Sanza Food Service, War Memorial Benefit Corporation, and FLA Team Shop, we strive to make every employee feel valued and respected for who they are and the unique contributions they make. We believe that a diverse and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful company, which is why we aim to infuse diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) into all aspects of our culture and our business.
We welcome all to apply and join our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.