The Florida Panthers are a community focused organization led by an authentic management team that served our country and now serves the South Florida community. The organization is on the rise and is experiencing success both on and off the ice. Led by General Manager Bill Zito, the Panthers are coming off their best season in franchise history. Off the ice, the business is experiencing growth across all key metrics and our revenue is at an all-time high. The organization is expanding outside of FLA Live Arena via the renovation of the FTL War Memorial in downtown Fort Lauderdale. This state-of-the-art ice facility will feature two regulation-size rinks, new team practice rink with stadium seating, and a 4,000-capacity music theatre for live entertainment. The future is bright, and we are very proud of what we are building in South Florida.
Job Title: Cashier
Department: Sanza - Ice Den
Reports To: Food & Beverage Manager
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: Ice Den
Cashiers are responsible for providing an excellent guest experience with taking food and beverages in a timely and efficient manner.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Greet customers in a warm and welcoming manner
- Work with team members during the event to ensure excellent customer service standards are met
- Accurately use POS system, process food and beverage orders and expedite guest food orders promptly
- Assist with start of shift set up including stocking product and setting up cashier/prep stations
- Thoroughly complete all station breakdown responsibilities at the end of the shift
- Practice proper product control and handling of all inventory and equipment
- Partner with other team members wo ensure food and beverage quality
- Assist with the preparation of food items
- Understand and follow all Health Department Food & Safety regulations
- Understand and properly execute responsible alcohol service
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of all areas with the concession stand
- Other tasks as assigned by Food & Beverage Manager
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Previous customer service and cashier experience a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment in which guest satisfaction is always the goal
- Strong inter-personal skills; establishing and maintaining productive relationships with fellow workers and supervisors
- Must be extremely organized and detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work in an environment with fluctuating temperatures, often cold
- Must be able to work in an environment where noise level is generally high with heavy crowd traffic
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of the position, including bending and/or lifting up to 50lbs and standing/walking for extended periods of time without sitting
- Must possess a positive attitude and strong work ethic. Must have a “team-first” mentality with an eagerness to learn
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a non-exempt position. Must have flexible hours with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
At the Florida Panthers Hockey Club, Arena Operating Company, Panthers Ice Den, Sanza Food Service, War Memorial Benefit Corporation, and FLA Team Shop, we strive to make every employee feel valued and respected for who they are and the unique contributions they make. We believe that a diverse and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful company, which is why we aim to infuse diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) into all aspects of our culture and our business.
We welcome all to apply and join our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.