The Florida Panthers are a community focused organization led by an authentic management team that served our country and now serves the South Florida community. The organization is on the rise and is experiencing success both on and off the ice. Led by General Manager Bill Zito, the Panthers are coming off their best season in franchise history. Off the ice, the business is experiencing growth across all key metrics and our revenue is at an all-time high. The organization is expanding outside of FLA Live Arena via the renovation of the FTL War Memorial in downtown Fort Lauderdale. This state-of-the-art ice facility will feature two regulation-size rinks, new team practice rink with stadium seating, and a 4,000-capacity music theatre for live entertainment. The future is bright, and we are very proud of what we are building in South Florida.
Job Title: Bartender
Department: Sanza Food Service - Beverage
Reports To: Manager, Beverage
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: FLA Live Arena
The Bartender is responsible for the quick and efficient sale of alcohol beverages to patrons at concession stands located throughout the stadium. The role will require accurate point of sale (POS) system use, filling orders, and compliance with all sanitation, safety, and alcohol service standards.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Fill orders for beverages and when necessary, food orders as well (as some stands have pretzels).
- Ensure all alcohol beverages are served in compliance with applicable laws and company policies.
- Follow all sale handling procedures by policy.
- Manage all sales in the Point of Sales (POS) system.
- Perform cleaning duties before, during, and after every shift.
- Participate in the set-up and tear-down of the bar area and related equipment
- Actively participate in safety programs and follow policies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience handling a fast-paced environment is considered an asset.
- 2+ years bar-tending expertise and POS knowledge is required;
- Willingness to learn and follow direction and to adapt to different locations throughout the building.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks at once;
- Positive, self-starter with strong communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, you may be on a bar alone or with up to eight other people.
- This position works in an arena where the noise level is generally high, crowd traffic is heavy, temperatures are variable – often cold; lights are bright or dark with occasional exposure to flashing lights and pyrotechnics.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a non-exempt position. Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends & holidays.
At the Florida Panthers Hockey Club, Arena Operating Company, Panthers Ice Den, Sanza Food Service, War Memorial Benefit Corporation, and FLA Team Shop, we strive to make every employee feel valued and respected for who they are and the unique contributions they make. We believe that a diverse and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful company, which is why we aim to infuse diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) into all aspects of our culture and our business.
We welcome all to apply and join our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.