The Florida Panthers are a community focused organization led by an authentic management team that served our country and now serves the South Florida community. The organization is on the rise and is experiencing success both on and off the ice. Led by General Manager Bill Zito, the Panthers are coming off their best season in franchise history. Off the ice, the business is experiencing growth across all key metrics and our revenue is at an all-time high. The organization is expanding outside of Amerant Bank Arena via the renovation of the FTL War Memorial in downtown Fort Lauderdale. This state-of-the-art ice facility will feature two regulation-size rinks, new team practice rink with stadium seating, and a 4,000-capacity music theatre for live entertainment. The future is bright, and we are very proud of what we are building in South Florida.
Job Title: Beverage Barback
Department: Sanza Food Service - Beverage
Reports To: Manager, Beverage
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: Amerant Bank Arena
The Bar Back assists the Bartenders in delivering exceptional service to bar patrons. This is a part-time, event-based position located within the Food and Beverage Department of Amerant Bank Arena. Hours for this position fluctuate depending upon arena event schedule.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Set the bar up for service, including icing the bars and fruit delivery. Also break it down after service
- Maintain proper parts within the bar, meaning correct alcohol brand, correct size beer etc.
- Run alcohol, mixers & food to the bar and overall maintain the continuous smooth running of the bar.
- Understand and execute responsible alcohol service
- Understand and maintain sanitation and food safety as it relates to the food and beverage industry
- Checking draft keg levels throughout assigned areas and change as needed
- Assist Bartender with the preparing of drinks
- Have full knowledge of food and beverage menu items and accompaniments
- Be comfortable with the arena and know how to navigate personally, as well as, assist guests
- Work with counterparts of operation to ensure event standards of service are reached
- Support any other Food & Beverage departments as needed
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisors and managers
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Proven customer service skills
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional organization and prioritization are a must
- Schedule flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to work in an environment with fluctuating temperatures
- Must be able to maneuver a keg of beer with fellow team member assistance
- Works well with others; establishing and maintaining productive relationships with fellow workers and supervisors
- This position works in an arena where the noise level is generally high, crowd traffic is heavy, temperatures are variable – often cold; lights are bright or dark with occasional exposure to flashing lights and pyrotechnics.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a non-exempt position. Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends & holidays.
At the Florida Panthers Hockey Club, Arena Operating Company, Panthers Ice Den, Sanza Food Service, War Memorial Benefit Corporation, and FLA Team Shop, we strive to make every employee feel valued and respected for who they are and the unique contributions they make. We believe that a diverse and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful company, which is why we aim to infuse diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) into all aspects of our culture and our business.
We welcome all to apply and join our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.