The Florida Panthers are a community focused organization led by an authentic management team that served our country and now serves the South Florida community. The organization is on the rise and is experiencing success both on and off the ice. Led by General Manager Bill Zito, the Panthers are coming off their best season in franchise history. Off the ice, the business is experiencing growth across all key metrics and our revenue is at an all-time high. The organization is expanding outside of FLA Live Arena via the renovation of the FTL War Memorial in downtown Fort Lauderdale. This state-of-the-art ice facility will feature two regulation-size rinks, new team practice rink with stadium seating, and a 4,000-capacity music theatre for live entertainment. The future is bright, and we are very proud of what we are building in South Florida.
Job Title: Server
Department: Sanza Food Service - Catering
Reports To: Catering Manager
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: FLA Live Arena
Servers are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. This is a part-time, event-based position located within the Food and Beverage Department of FLA Live Arena. Hours for this position fluctuate depending upon arena event schedule.
- Respond to guests needs and requests
- Have complete knowledge of all menu items
- Deliver professional, courteous, and efficient service to guests
- Thoroughly complete all station set-up and breakdown responsibilities
- Present guests with check and settle payment promptly
- Understand responsible alcohol service and sanitation and food safety
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Works well with others; establishing and maintaining productive relationships with fellow workers and supervisors
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to travel up and down stairs consistently during work shifts
- Flexible schedule – we prefer candidates can work 90% of all monthly events; ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as required
This position works in an arena where the noise level is generally high, crowd traffic is heavy, temperatures are variable – often cold; lights are bright or dark with occasional exposure to flashing lights and pyrotechnics.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a Part-Time position. Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and occasional holidays.
At the Florida Panthers Hockey Club, Arena Operating Company, Panthers Ice Den, Sanza Food Service, War Memorial Benefit Corporation, and FLA Team Shop, we strive to make every employee feel valued and respected for who they are and the unique contributions they make. We believe that a diverse and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful company, which is why we aim to infuse diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) into all aspects of our culture and our business.
We welcome all to apply and join our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.