The Florida Panthers are a community focused organization led by an authentic management team that served our country and now serves the South Florida community. The organization is on the rise and is experiencing success both on and off the ice. Led by General Manager Bill Zito, the Panthers are coming off their best season in franchise history. Off the ice, the business is experiencing growth across all key metrics and our revenue is at an all-time high. The organization is expanding outside of FLA Live Arena via the renovation of the FTL War Memorial in downtown Fort Lauderdale. This state-of-the-art ice facility will feature two regulation-size rinks, new team practice rink with stadium seating, and a 4,000-capacity music theatre for live entertainment. The future is bright, and we are very proud of what we are building in South Florida.
Job Title: Culinary Staff
Department: Sanza Food Service
Reports To: Various Sous Chefs
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: FLA Live Arena
Prepare and produce quality food according to the production specs provided while adhering to all Health Department Food & Safety regulations. All skill levels and experiences are welcome!
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Sets up and stocks cooking and food prep stations before each event
- Prepares quality food according to recipe specs provided
- Memorize and utilize our serving portion sizes and all basic meal prep procedures used in the kitchen
- Maintain a clean and sanitary workstation, including all food prep areas and food storage areas during and after each event
- Complies with food sanitation codes by properly handling all food
- Maintains a clean, safe and well-organized work environment
- Ensures all food is served, stored and prepared at proper temperature
- Cleans work areas, tools, equipment and dishes as needed
- Ensures all food products are properly stored, covered and labeled per health codes
- Works to minimize waste
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Performs all other duties as assigned, including rotation to other concession positions as needed
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Previous cooking experience in a commercial environment a plus
- High school diploma/GED required
- High level of professionalism while working as a team in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Strong inter-personal skills; establishing and maintaining productive relationships with fellow workers and supervisors
- Excellent verbal communication and organizational skills
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic a must. Must have a “team-first” mentality with an eagerness to learn
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of the position, including bending and/or lifting up to 50lbs and standing/walking for extended periods of time without sitting
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a non-exempt position. Must have flexible hours with the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
At the Florida Panthers Hockey Club, Arena Operating Company, Panthers Ice Den, Sanza Food Service, War Memorial Benefit Corporation, and FLA Team Shop, we strive to make every employee feel valued and respected for who they are and the unique contributions they make. We believe that a diverse and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful company, which is why we aim to infuse diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) into all aspects of our culture and our business.
We welcome all to apply and join our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.