The Florida Panthers are a community focused organization led by an authentic management team that served our country and now serves the South Florida community. The organization is on the rise and is experiencing success both on and off the ice. Led by General Manager Bill Zito, the Panthers are coming off their best season in franchise history. Off the ice, the business is experiencing growth across all key metrics and our revenue is at an all-time high. The organization is expanding outside of FLA Live Arena via the renovation of the FTL War Memorial in downtown Fort Lauderdale. This state-of-the-art ice facility will feature two regulation-size rinks, new team practice rink with stadium seating, and a 4,000-capacity music theatre for live entertainment. The future is bright, and we are very proud of what we are building in South Florida.
Job Title: Beverage Runner
Department: Sanza Food Service - Beverage
Reports To: Beverage Manager
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: FLA Live Arena
The Beverage Runner position will assist in receiving and storage of all incoming products in the appropriate storage areas. This position is responsible for filling and delivering beverage to the Suites prior to and during events. The Beverage Runner is also responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the Beverage room.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Unpacks, examines, and stores incoming shipments in proper storeroom, cooler or freezer
- Fills and delivers product requisitions, including beer, wine, liquor & soft drinks to suites, and rotates stock to ensure freshness
- Follows all safety requirements when moving stock
- Understand and complies with company safety policies as well as all Health Department Food & Safety regulations and Alcohol guidelines.
- General cleaning of all storage areas by sweeping, mopping, disposing of garbage and cardboard recycling
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Beverage Room Supervisor.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Must be extremely organized and detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and a focus on quality and consistency
- Must be able to perform physical requirement of the position, including lifting up to 50lbs and standing /walking for extended periods of time without sitting
- Must be able to work in an environment with fluctuating temperatures, often cold
- Strong inter-personal skills; establishing and maintaining productive relationships with fellow workers and supervisors
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment where noise levels are generally high with heavy crowd traffic
- Must possess a positive attitude and strong work ethic. Must have a “team-first” mentality with an eagerness to learn
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a non-exempt position. Must have flexible hours with the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
At the Florida Panthers Hockey Club, Arena Operating Company, Panthers Ice Den, Sanza Food Service, War Memorial Benefit Corporation, and FLA Team Shop, we strive to make every employee feel valued and respected for who they are and the unique contributions they make. We believe that a diverse and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful company, which is why we aim to infuse diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) into all aspects of our culture and our business.
We welcome all to apply and join our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.