The Florida Panthers are a community focused organization led by an authentic management team that served our country and now serves the South Florida community. The organization is on the rise and is experiencing success both on and off the ice. Led by General Manager Bill Zito, the Panthers are coming off their best season in franchise history. Off the ice, the business is experiencing growth across all key metrics and our revenue is at an all-time high. The organization is expanding outside of FLA Live Arena via the renovation of the FTL War Memorial in downtown Fort Lauderdale. This state-of-the-art ice facility will feature two regulation-size rinks, new team practice rink with stadium seating, and a 4,000-capacity music theatre for live entertainment. The future is bright, and we are very proud of what we are building in South Florida.
Job Title: Event Security Guard – D License Required
Department: Event Security
Reports To: Security Supervisor
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: FLA Live Arena
The Event Security of FLA Live Arena and The Florida Panthers are hiring personable, attentive individuals looking for a part time, event-based job full of excitement. Each position is vital to our operation and we are looking for hardworking, customer-service oriented candidates to fill these positions. Our Event Security team members play a pivotal role in creating a safe environment for our guests from the moment they enter the arena until the moment they depart. While there are several Event Security positions during a given event, we are specifically looking for those with a valid Florida D License to provide security at our ingress points.
Hours include approximately 15-25 hours per week (hours per week may vary due to event schedule), mostly nights, weekends, and possibly holidays. Pay rate for this position is $17/hour.
- Monitoring of access to restricted areas, exterior doors to the arena, and maintaining a secure environment for our visitors
- Controlling guest & vendor access to the Arena
- Checking credentials to control employee and visitor access to the arena during events
- Inspecting items that do not pass through magnetometers, possibly using a security wand to screen guests for prohibited items
- Monitor and respond to any security issues that may arise during an event
- Provide excellent customer service to enhance FLA Live Arena experience
- Escorting of guests when needed
- Follow safety and security policies, programs, and procedures with the ability to manage crisis situations
- Ability to handle radios, speaking openly and professionally demonstrating strong verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with other employees
- Report any and all incidents to Supervisor or Management
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid State of Florida D Security License
- Previous experience in security and customer service is a must
- Exhibit an upbeat, friendly service-oriented attitude, actively looking for ways to help people
- Passion to work with people and willingness to learn
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Assertive, detail-oriented, team player with a professional demeanor
- Self-motivator with the ability to work alone if necessary
- Must have a flexible schedule and be available on weekend/overnights
- Have reliable transportation
- Must pass background check
- Customer Service - Manages customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
- Ethics – Treats coworkers and guests with respect; works with integrity to uphold the values of the organization
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems, developing alternative solutions. Works well in group problem solving situations, using reason when dealing with topics
- Attendance Punctuality – To ensure adequate staffing, positive employee morale, and to meet expected productivity standards throughout the organization, employees will be held accountable for adhering to their work schedule
This position works in an arena where the noise level is generally high, crowd traffic is heavy, temperatures are variable – often cold; lights are bright or dark with occasional exposure to flashing lights and pyrotechnics.
Standing - Particularly for sustained periods of time.
Walking - Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
Pushing - Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
Pulling - Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
Lifting - Raising objects up to 30 pounds from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position.
Talking - Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
Hearing - Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
Vision - The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned (i.e., custodial, food services, general laborer, etc.) or to make general observations of facilities or structures (i.e., security guard, inspection, etc.).
Repetitive motion - Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position. Hours of work are based on event schedule and are mostly nights, weekends and occasional holidays.
At the Florida Panthers Hockey Club, Arena Operating Company, Panthers Ice Den, Sanza Food Service, War Memorial Benefit Corporation, and FLA Team Shop, we strive to make every employee feel valued and respected for who they are and the unique contributions they make. We believe that a diverse and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful company, which is why we aim to infuse diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) into all aspects of our culture and our business.
We welcome all to apply and join our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.