The Florida Panthers are a community focused organization led by an authentic management team that served our country and now serves the South Florida community. The organization is on the rise and is experiencing success both on and off the ice. Led by General Manager Bill Zito, the Panthers are coming off their best season in franchise history. Off the ice, the business is experiencing growth across all key metrics and our revenue is at an all-time high. The organization is expanding outside of Amerant Bank Arena via the renovation of the FTL War Memorial in downtown Fort Lauderdale. This state-of-the-art ice facility will feature two regulation-size rinks, new team practice rink with stadium seating, and a 4,000-capacity music theatre for live entertainment. The future is bright, and we are very proud of what we are building in South Florida.
Department: Event Services
Reports To: Manager, Guest Experience
Employment Type: Part-Time
Location: Amerant Bank Arena
- Greet and welcome guests as they enter Amerant Bank Arena
- Provide excellent customer service to enhance the guest experience
- Proactively assist guests with any questions or concerns they may have
- Understand and enforce all Amerant Bank Arena policies and procedures
- Assume ownership in resolving guest challenges within the arena (challenges may include, duplicate ticket issues, guest acting inappropriately or suspiciously, guests cursing, fighting, or trying to bring prohibited items into the arena.)
- Demonstrate strong verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with guests and other employees
- Exhibit a fun, friendly fan service-oriented attitude and professional appearance at all times
- Provide guests with accurate directions to and from arena locations such as seating areas, concession stands, and restrooms
- Report any and all incidents to Supervisor or Management; including but not limited to injuries or health related issues, lost or damaged property, and alcohol related incidents
Ethics – Treats coworkers and guests with respect; works with integrity to uphold the values of the organization.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems, developing alternative solutions. Works well in group problem solving situations, using reason when dealing with topics
Attendance Punctuality – To ensure adequate staffing, positive employee morale, and to meet expected productivity standards throughout the organization, employees will be held accountable for adhering to their work schedule
- Provide a high quality of customer service interaction with all fans, setting a tone for the overall entertainment experience
- Monitor fan behavior and resolve issues within designated area
- Prevent access to those who are not properly credentialed for the event
- Conduct various levels of screening of guests including the walk through of metal detectors and the use of hand wands, as well as examining all bags and other belongings while enforcing all arena policies and procedures
- Check all guests’ tickets and/or credentials to ensure that they reach the proper area of the Amerant Bank Arena
- Provide direction upon reaching designated level
- Required to check event credentials of guests attempting to access the backstage/event level area
- Examine tickets for authenticity, while operating equipment devices for scanning and validating event tickets
- Assist guests in locating assigned seats while resolving duplicate ticket issues as well as seat jumpers
- Keep aisles and walkways clear of guests
- Conduct aisle walks throughout the game to monitor crowd behavior and look for any problems Be proactive in assigned section and enforce the Fan Code of Conduct
- Staying alert in order to provide safety to guests in case pucks leave the ice
- Must be 16 years of age or older. Candidates between the ages of 16 and 18 who are currently enrolled in high school must maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA, providing documentation upon hire and throughout employment. In addition, they must provide two (2) letters of recommendation with at least one (1) from a school staff member.
- Exhibit an upbeat, friendly fan service-oriented attitude, actively looking for ways to help people
- Proactively assist guests and possess great guest relations skills
- Customer services skills (at least 6 months of experience is preferred)
- Ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills Must be able to convey information effectively and give full attention to what other people are saying, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Must follow dress code and maintain a clean, presentable appearance at all times
- Event Staff are required to make themselves available to work at least 70% of the scheduled events per month
- Security & Supervisors must have their D Security License or be able to obtain one upon employment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and to listen. (Speaking clearly so others can understand while having the ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.)
- This position is very active and requires standing for long periods of time as well as walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching and continuous climbing of stairs. Security and Supervisor positions require the ability to bend, squat and/or restrain guests in situations that require it.
- This position requires manual dexterity to handle, tear and/or scan tickets for events The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus and read small print.
At the Florida Panthers Hockey Club, Arena Operating Company, Panthers Ice Den, Sanza Food Service, War Memorial Benefit Corporation, and FLA Team Shop, we strive to make every employee feel valued and respected for who they are and the unique contributions they make. We believe that a diverse and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful company, which is why we aim to infuse diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) into all aspects of our culture and our business.
We welcome all to apply and join our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.