Flatiron School is seeking an Onboarding Lead to join our team! As our Onboarding Lead, you are an expert in our processes from the moment a student commits to our course to the moment they begin their class with us. You understand our start requirements and can communicate them clearly to students with an eye for motivation and driving urgency. You are knowledgeable about our curriculum, particularly pre-work, and work with students to successfully finish their enrollment. You are excellent at being organized with small details, managing competing priorities and deadlines, and making sound decisions in a fast-paced environment. This will be a student facing role.
- Manage a roster of incoming students in the final stages of the Admissions funnel from commit to day one of class, including assisting with financing, answering questions, encouraging students through pre-work, and optimizing conversion to day one start.
- Maintain detailed and accurate notes regarding roster movement, making appropriate decisions to escalate concerns or challenges to a manager as necessary.
- Handle the deferrals and cancellations post sale and discuss other options available to attempt to save the sale.
- Take an action-oriented approach to keep your students engaged and motivated to complete all their tasks before class starts and make decisions on who needs more time.
- Troubleshoot and remove blockers efficiently and effectively when students hit snags in payments, loans, logging into pre-work, etc and connect with respective teams or create tickets for support.
- Communicate energetically and clearly with a high volume of incoming students over the phone, Zoom, email, and text.
- Occasional weekends may be required to close sales for students provided with final extensions.
- Participate in building and provide feedback on new processes and systems changes.
- 3+ years in an account management, admissions, customer service, or operations role.
- An expert and empathetic communicator. You are patient, personable, and can communicate with a diverse group of learners well.
- Extremely organized and can manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a high attention to detail with a “no stone unturned” mentality.
- An operational mindset with an eye for efficiency that does not compromise effectiveness or quality.
- A fast learner who can retain a lot of information. You are excited to become an expert on all things related to Flatiron School, and to share it with others.
- Experienced using CRMs and databases, Salesforce experience preferred.
- Proficient in spreadsheets in either Google Sheets or Excel.
- Comfortable with a degree of ambiguity and embrace agility when changes occur.
- Data-savvy; able to spot patterns in student data and make recommendations based on it.
- Embody all Flatiron School values: Make No Little Plans, Be a Lifelong Learner, Work Together, Radiate Positivity, Strive for Excellence, and Nurture Difference
- $55K-$65K annually
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to launch careers in tech. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now offer programs in software engineering, data science, product design, and cybersecurity to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school — we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality. Since our inception in 2012, we’ve provided thousands of students with skills, community, and an immersive outcomes-driven program. To achieve these outcomes, we’ve never let ourselves stop growing – we’ve constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students’ learning experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
Flatiron School provides equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, relationship or association with a protected veteran, military status or any other legally protected characteristic. This includes recruiting, hiring, working conditions, benefits, and other employment matters such as pay, promotion, demotion, transfer, termination, and reduction in force. It is the policy of Flatiron School to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and to ensure equal opportunity in all terms and conditions of employment or potential employment. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principle of equal employment opportunity.
Flatiron School values and encourages diversity and solicits applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, change of sex or transgender status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Flatiron School is committed to working with people from all walks of life. If you require a reasonable accommodation in any part of the employment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org