Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Accounts Payable Specialist is directly responsible for processing and ensuring accurate and timely payment of all invoices for assigned vendors. You will play a pivotal role in handling communications with vendors, preparing documentation for external auditors, and assisting/owning parts of the month end close. You will also maintain, analyze and cross check cost reports for designated general ledger accounts. The Accounts Payable Specialist will report into the Senior Accountant.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Process vendor bills and expenses in a timely manner and enforce financial controls through approval routing.
- Set up new vendors for payment.
- Process company expense reports timely and accurately.
- Ensure accuracy of billed rates by logging invoices and matching rates to an agreed upon rate sheet.
- Perform reconciliations and analysis of logistics cost.
- Clearly communicate with vendors on missing invoices, billing adjustments and payment status.
- Assist the month end close reconciliations.
- Ensure accuracy of accounts payable coding.
- Reconcile our accounting system to our payment platform to ensure accuracy.
- Assist in minor Accounts Receivable duties where needed.
We're Excited About You Because
- You have minimum 2 Years of accounts payable experience, preferably in consumer goods Industry.
- You're detail oriented and a natural collaborator.
- You have experience working in Excel and AP Platforms, (NetSuite, Bill.com, and Google Sheets is a bonus).
- You have a finance brain with the empathy and patience of a customer success manager.
- You love dogs!
We support our team members with the flexibility to thrive, professionally and personally. Currently all hybrid team members are asked to be in the office for 2 Gathering Days a week to continue to build a collaborative, lively, and invested environment - a unique in-person culture we are proud of. Gathering Days are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, however the office will be open and available for all Monday through Friday. This hybrid policy can be subject to change at company discretion.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation range is $55,000 - $66,000 USD Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. In addition to your base compensation offer you will also receive equity ownership in the company. More information about the value of this equity will be shared at the time of offer. This range is representative of NYC Market Data if you are applying to this role outside of the NYC area the range may change.