Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
We’re looking for an experienced Sr. Retention & Lifecycle Manager to lead how The Farmer’s Dog leverages direct communication channels to deliver on our mission to transform unconditional love into uncomplicated care. You’ll be responsible for synthesizing a wide-variety of data sources to develop the strategies for how and what we communicate to our leads, customers, former customers, and evangelists. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to take the foundation we have in place today (both team & CDP architecture) and evolve it effectively with the business to ensure we continue to design seamless and deeply personalized experiences.
In the role, you’ll partner closely with teams across the business (Acquisition, Brand, Product & Engineering, CX, Operations, Data Strategy & Insights, etc.) to build a best-in-class customer lifecycle. You’ll work on everything from gaining a deep, nuanced understanding of how to overcome barriers to purchase via sophisticated experimentation to strategizing how and when we communicate new products to our most loyal customers. You’ll also work cross-functionally to ensure that our customers’ email & SMS experiences are as enjoyable and seamless as the products they receive in their boxes.
This is an opportunity to take ownership of a highly capable team and CRM/Martech stack that can support nearly-infinite levels of personalization and segmentation. You’ll have real ownership over improving our customers’ lives (and the lives of their four-legged companions!) while making a foundational impact on our growth efforts.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Lead our CRM/Lifecycle strategy and take the reins on implementing high-impact initiatives across the customer lifecycle that accelerate active customer growth, product adoption, and revenue generation.
- Work cross-functionally to upgrade and optimize our CRM reporting frameworks, launch impactful longitudinal experiments, and measure CRM initiatives' impact on cohort retention and revenue generation.
- Dive deep in our data to uncover insights that allow us methodically remove friction from the experience across key customer segments.
- Own our sophisticated CDP/CRM infrastructure - constantly working to evolve and improve how, when, and what we’re able to communicate with our customers.
- Lead and grow a highly engaged, impactful, and deeply cross-functional CRM/Lifecycle department that is data-driven and routinely executes for impact.
- Partner closely with our Customer Experience (CX) team to leverage lifecycle automation to improve customer and agent experience.
- Own the email deployment calendar while working cross-functionally with Brand, CX, Tech, etc.
- Manage any and all relevant third-party relationships and contracts.
We're Excited About You Because
- 5-8+ years of experience in CRM/Lifecycle campaign management at a consumer company.
- Expert in email & SMS automation. Bonus points for experience with CDPs like Simon Data, Iterable, Optimove, etc.
- A deep understanding of relational databases and how to leverage a wide-variety of data structures to power impactful customer-facing communications. Bonus points for strong to expert-level SQL skills.
- Working knowledge of HTML, Java-based templating languages (Jinja, Django, ESP-specific, etc.), and a high-level understanding of JSON.
- Strong analytical skills and a proven track record of working with data to drive email campaign ideation and business results.
We support our team members with the flexibility to thrive, professionally and personally. Currently all hybrid team members are asked to be in the office for 2 Gathering Days a week to continue to build a collaborative, lively, and invested environment - a unique in-person culture we are proud of. Gathering Days are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, however the office will be open and available for all Monday through Friday. This hybrid policy can be subject to change at company discretion.
About The Growth Team
We have five principles that describe our approach:
- Holistic thinking: We know that nothing exists in a silo.
- Disciplined prioritization: We need to bring perspective, clarity and guidance to the team.
- Data-driven decision-making: We use first principles and are skeptical. We establish context.
- Proactive collaboration: We build vast common knowledge and encourage synchronous, streamlined work from our colleagues and diversity in problem-solving.
- Execute for impact: We are responsible for the growth of the business and the perception of our brand. We are resilient, accountable and relentless.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls is now a feature, not a bug
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation range is $157,000 - $172,000 USD Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. In addition to your base compensation offer you will also receive equity ownership in the company. More information about the value of this equity will be shared at the time of offer. This range is representative of NYC Market Data if you are applying to this role outside of the NYC area the range may change.