Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our growing Internal Tools Operations team (INT-OPS).
INT-OPS oversees the fulfillment side of the Operation workflow. We build software to automate and optimize the entire journey of a customer’s order--from pick and pack to doorstep delivery. Some of our projects include: automatic order allocation, carrier integrations, and fulfillment optimization.
An ideal candidate would be someone who is an effective communicator, can manage a project’s entire software development lifecycle end-to-end, and is eager to level-up their team.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Build the next generation of our fulfillment pipeline to deliver at scale.
- Fully automate and optimize our systems to eliminate human-error and missed delivery targets.
- Work closely with Product to understand the “whys” and challenge solutions with possible alternatives.
- Suggest and implement processes and tools to level-up how the team performs–be a driver, not a passenger.
We're Excited About You Because
- 3-5+ years of professional experience working as a Software Engineer doing hands-on development.
- Led large software projects (6-months or longer) from design to deployment.
- The ability to think critically and objectively; have excellent problem solving skills and the capacity to make quick decisions based on business demands.
- Nice to have: Shown understanding of distributed systems, sync/asynchronous processing, and their respective trade-offs.
We support our team members with the flexibility to thrive, professionally and personally. Currently all hybrid team members are asked to be in the office for 2 Gathering Days a week to continue to build a collaborative, lively, and invested environment - a unique in-person culture we are proud of. Gathering Days are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, however the office will be open and available for all Monday through Friday. This hybrid policy can be subject to change at company discretion.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls is now a feature, not a bug
We commit to building a competitive compensation package and company environment for all individuals to thrive. We believe in competitive base compensation rooted in location specific market data and performance along with equity ownership in the company that allows every team member to build their personal wealth as the company grows, just as much as we believe in fostering a culture that supports our team members personally, professionally, and holistically. For this role the anticipated hiring base compensation range is $145,000 - $160,000 USD Annual and the compensation offered will include a robust market competitive package of base and equity. In addition to your base compensation offer you will also receive equity ownership in the company. More information about the value of this equity will be shared at the time of offer. This range is representative of NYC Market Data if you are applying to this role outside of the NYC area the range may change.