Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care. We’re starting by radically improving the $90 billion pet food industry, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed mystery pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered over 300 million meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You’ll Come In
The GM, New Initiatives is an entrepreneurial, strategic and customer-centric leader known for their experience in bringing innovative and effective business lines to life. This person will develop a new, comprehensive services offering as a key part of The Farmer’s Dog platform, design an effective go-to-market strategy, manage the P&L to make top and bottom line decisions and craft and execute both longitudinal and A/B/C experiments to scale the business. You will successfully attract, retain and develop a small team to accomplish these objectives.
This is a highly cross-functional growth role, collaborating with product managers, engineering, design, CX, vet relations, retention, brand and more. As such, your work will be diverse and across all stages of the product lifecycle — you’ll have the opportunity to think big in blue-sky planning sessions as well as go deep with tactical implementation as you work to bring new stacking S-curves to life.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Develop and execute the strategy and roadmap for the TFD Health Platform.
- Set objectives and success metrics for the Health Platform and strive to exceed them.
- Build and run detailed forecasts and work closely with finance to align these forecasts and ensure they accurately support our business goals.
- Collaborate with partners cross-functionally to bring the platform to life.
- Scale the business by serving our customer base, improving retention and LTV and optimizing operations and financial performance.
- Champion a strategic experimentation culture that balances incremental building and big bets.
- Build a best-in-class function that embodies TFD cultures, operates with vitality, maintains early-stage intensity at scale, and strives for excellence every day.
We’re Excited About You Because
- 8+ years of experience
- You love to roll up your sleeves and dig into the details, but it’s also easy for you to pull up and look at the big picture.
- You’re equally comfortable executing yourself and leading through a team.
- You have a history of making holistic, data-driven and strategic decisions - many of which turned out to be right.
- You assume best intentions and never let feedback fester.
- You’re a direct and caring communicator who believes in unlocking colleagues’ impact with the right context.
- You love fixing broken things and industries.
- You love change and are comfortable in ambiguity.
- You have proven expertise in building and scaling a consumer business from 0 to 1.
- Nice to have: You have experience in healthcare or research and have worked with teams of service providers or healthcare professionals.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Relocation Assistance
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug