Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Staff Software Architect will collaborate with members from Research, Int-Ops, Data Science, Platform, and Product Management teams then work with our product & engineering teams to chart a roadmap for the overall application architecture. This person will design end-to-end architecture and enterprise scalable solutions, while deciding overall architectural principles, frameworks, and standards. They will also give their feedback in determining long-range requirements with a focus on platform reliability & serviceability!
How You'll Make An Impact
- Drive the end-to-end architecture of the product.
- Migrate monolithic systems to microservices architecture.
- Improve the communication, collaboration, and alignment among teams (inside and outside of the organization).
- Drive research, case studies, and prototypes on innovative technologies and how they can be used.
- Analyze and recommend feedback on product strategy.
- Ensure that we are continuously raising our standard of engineering excellence.
We're Passionate About You Because
- 10+ years of professional experience working in a software related field.
- 7+ years of recent experience working as a Software Architect.
- Designed and architected solutions that are enterprise scalable and maintainable.
- Driven strategic technology initiatives working with Product Managers, other Architects, Engineers, SME's and the broader organization.
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and (when in office) WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug