Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog is the fastest growing pet health service company in the US, and was born from a mission to change the landscape of pet health, providing dogs and their humans with honest, smart, and simple care – a fresh proposition in an industry riddled with manipulative and misleading marketing. We’re starting by radically improving the $100 billion pet food market, replacing bulk bags of highly-processed pellets with a personalized subscription service that sends healthy, freshly-made dog food, balanced by top veterinary nutritionists, directly to customers’ doors. Our ultimate goal is to create innovative, honest, and delightful experiences across all aspects of pet care, and we believe our direct-to-consumer business model, holistic approach to growth, and dynamic and forward-thinking culture uniquely position us to shepherd this backwards industry into the future.
To date, The Farmer’s Dog has delivered hundreds of millions of meals nationwide and raised over $150M in funding to help us build a company as healthy as the dogs who are eating those meals. Join us as we continue to develop ways of bringing peace of mind to our customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for an Engineering Manager for the Conversion team. The Engineering function is building a subscription e-commerce platform from the ground up to support hundreds of thousands of orders being shipped out every day. We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to partner with our Head of Engineering to provide development, coaching, and mentorship to our team; refine processes, and help with multi-functional management.
The Conversion team is responsible for all the everything that happens before customers sign up for a trial. Includes content pages, sign up and check out flows.
This Engineering Manager will need to own performance management and ensure successful group development. Every day, this person will partner closely with Product Managers and Engineers to craft the product and improve processes while removing roadblocks and uncertainty.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Support a group of 7+ engineers with a focus on mentorship, coaching and personal development
- Grow and manage a group of hardworking and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact
- Cultivate an inclusive, respectful, and dynamic group
- Develop a healthy and collaborative culture that is true to The Farmer’s Dog’s values
- Enable the group to deliver outstanding output
- Participate in system design and architecture conversations
- Represent the group in high-level, cross-disciplinary road-mapping discussions
- Advocate for the group and remove obstacles
We're Excited About You Because
- 5+ years of total software engineering experience
- 3+ years of recent, engineering management experience with a range of responsibilities from developing talent to growing your group into a robust, healthy development organization
- Experience efficiently delegating group responsibilities, conducting 1:1’s, and providing frequent, clear, relevant feedback
- Experience architecting for high-scalability and availability
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and (when in office) WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug