Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. Backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, and Sweetgreen, we've raised over $100M in funding and seek to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for a Social Media Manager to join our growing Brand Department. We want to use social media not just as a distribution channel, but as a means to spark genuine interaction with followers, current and prospective customers, and the wider world. This individual will work primarily with our Brand Department to create organic content and collaborate on a range of social brand projects. The Social Media Manager will be responsible for conceiving, planning, and executing creative social content, with the goals of maximizing audience engagement, and helping build The Farmer’s Dog brand. This person should be able to conceive genuinely social, strategically sound ideas and execute those ideas effectively.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Conceive smart, effective, and creative ideas designed for social distribution and execute on those ideas—typically that will mean writing, but may also mean helping produce images, graphics and social video content independently and in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
- Help shape overall organic social media strategy, audience growth plan, content calendar, and measurement framework with a focus on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest, and YouTube
- Manage day-to-day activity across these platforms, from concept to posting and tracking
- Determine and implement a social media tech stack, taking into account the need for social listening and insight generation, including cross-platform publishing, customer service / comment tracking, and measurement needs. You’re the go-to source for the latest insights on all the platforms.
- Collaborate across functional areas such as Growth Marketing, Community, Customer Experience, and Data
- Identify, evaluate, brief, and manage individual creative, brand, publisher, and media partners for specific social content initiatives
- Use first, second, and third-party data to surface and prioritize social content needs and grow our audience
- Act as a steward of The Farmer's Dog brand and a more thoughtful approach to social media marketing
We're Excited About You Because
- You are a true "whole-brained" thinker and doer who can tap into both editorial instinct and data
- You have 4+ years of professional working experience in social media
- You have recent hands-on experience creating for a social channel, generating stories for either a brand or a media outlet
- You demonstrate a deep understanding of content creation protocols and best practices for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest, and YouTube
- You possess a strong understanding of how content across different social channels and platforms can build and grow a brand
- Must have experience using social media analytics tools
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in person-meetings) is now a feature, not a bug