Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series C, bringing our total funding to over $100M. We're backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier, and are aiming to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Farmer's Dog is looking for a Backend Software Engineer to help us build our subscription based e-commerce business from the ground up. Our aim is to offer a seamless subscription experience through on-time production, customized products and best in class customer support. Although this position will likely involve more backend focussed work, the ideal candidate we're looking for would be someone who has a desire to work across our stack in a more full stack focussed environment. If you are someone who is strong with NodeJS and proficient with React, we would love for you to apply!
Our architecture is based around a NodeJS API that’s hosted on AWS. We have two web applications that interface with it: 1) the consumer facing website that has content pages, checkout flow, and end-user subscription management and 2) the back-office tool that the fulfillment and customer support team uses for reporting, customer management, and advanced subscription options.
Both front-end application are written in Redux and React. Additionally, we have a number of microservices to handle webhooks and long running jobs like generating customized booklets and handling shipment tracking events.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Minimizing customer support tickets by adding more features on the Customer Portal
- Adding a mixing plan option to checkout flow through which a customer could set a price and receive a plan that facilitates supplementing their current food with ours
- Creating a referral management section in the Customer Portal
- Simplifying the process of modifying an order once it has been billed and supporting partial refunds and billings
- Create highly interactive content pages
- Writing tests with Mocha, Jest, TestCafe
We're Excited About You Because
- You should have at least 3+ years of hands-on Software Engineering experience
- Recent experience working as a Backend Software Engineer or Full Stack Software Engineer with backend focused work
- We take pride in writing software the right way. That means peer reviews, ample time to refactor code, and write tests
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and (when in office) WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in person-meetings) is now a feature, not a bug