Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for a Director of Product Design to join our growing Design team. The Director of Product Design will help lead the vision, execution and optimization of our core user experience. They will be accountable for the end-to-end user journey, from acquiring new customers to enabling a seamless subscriber experience - and should be passionate about delivering an incredible - and holistic - user journey.
They will collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to improve current UI components, define user workflows, build new layouts, and oversee the visual language of our product utilizing tools such as user research, experience maps, prototyping, both within the broader design team as well as an individual contributor. They will also closely collaborate with Brand & Creative to support cross functional initiatives and ensure a strong, consistent consumer brand presence across the user journey.
As a leader within the broader Growth team, they'll work closely across multiple functions to strengthen design processes and culture, and promote design thinking in every area of our organization.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Provide mentorship and help develop individuals on the design team, and work to unblock team members and provide support in removing impediments and distractions.
- Give feedback to designers at various project stages (concepts, development of systems and elements, execution of screens, creation of animations and iconography, packaging and organizing files, UAT, et. al.) in design reviews, team critiques, and 1:1s to improve the output, efficiency, and quality of their design execution and deliverables.
- Collaborate with counterparts from Growth, Engineering, and Brand/Creative to translate business objectives into design goals using the needs of our customers as a north star.
- Establish design vision and strategy, both holistically and pursuant to key areas of focus, including: acquisition, conversion and retention.
- Play a prominent role in moving from strategy to execution, as an internal thought leader and key facilitator of the design process. In addition to continuous improvement of existing products and services, they’ll help launch new and innovative experiences.
We're Excited About You Because
- 10+ years of experience in product design
- 3+ years managing teams of 3 or more
- Ability to balance refined aesthetics with a strong understanding of software interfaces and UX - with a healthy appreciation for a strong consumer brand
- Previous experience in planning, building, mentoring, and developing a design team; able to balance direction with empowerment, and can lead team members with a variety of working styles
- Experienced with a variety of design subdisciplines and deliverables including style guides, UI kit, and design system development; animation; illustration; iconography; usability testing
- A keen understanding of how modern technologies are used with design (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota