Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The FP&A Manager will be responsible for developing, managing, and continuously improving our financial models and their utility for stakeholders across the company. This role will make use of data on past and future performance to drive decision making for the organization, focusing heavily on the expense side of the business.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Be a trusted advisor as a finance business partner. Help lead the financial planning and forecasting process across company fixed overheads in collaboration with the functional areas and leadership of the business.
- Support a regular and continuous forecast process by working with business unit owners to model and estimate financial results based on future action plans in coordination and in support of TFD’s strategy pillars – understanding and quantifying cost drivers, trends, risks, and opportunities.
- Prepare, analyze, and summarize various weekly and fiscal period results (including expenses, headcount, and other key performance indicators) for use by internal and external leadership team and to support ongoing forecasting.
- Perform deep-dive analytics on various expense line items and business activities to find opportunities for efficiencies and savings and lead cost-saving initiatives in collaboration with other members of the Finance team.
- Prepare financial reporting package monthly and quarterly including analysis of budget vs. actual results for internal stakeholders. Meet with department leads to understand key drivers of results and maintain forecast model, incorporating known changes in strategic initiatives and key trends that will impact future performance.
- Assist in various ongoing ad-hoc activities and analyses across the FP&A team.
We're Excited About You Because
- 4-5 years of experience, preferably including high-growth businesses, and a background in finance, consulting, or investment banking.
- Functional knowledge of financial reporting and accounting.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills with extensive analytical, financial forecasting and modeling experience, including creating financial models and analyses from the ground up.
- Team player that can drive cross-functional initiatives involving employees from across the organization.
- Ability to problem-solve, strong time-management skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail with big picture orientation- capable of interpreting findings, and communicating valuable, actionable insights.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Unfazed by the challenges of developing systems and processes from scratch.
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota