Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for a Social Media Editor to join our growing Brand Team. We want to use social media not just as a distribution channel, but as a means to spark genuine interaction with followers, current and prospective customers, and the wider world. This individual will work primarily with our brand team to create organic content and collaborate on a range of social brand projects.
This Social Media Editor will be responsible for conceiving, planning, and executing creative social content, with the goals of maximizing audience engagement, and helping build The Farmer’s Dog brand. This person must be able to conceive genuinely social, strategically sound ideas and execute those ideas efficiently and effectively. An ideal candidate would be someone who has a combination of social media experience and creative content experience.
As a Social Media Editor, this person will be expected to establish The Farmer’s Dog as a truly social brand that doesn’t just publish creative content, but one that becomes an integral part of the community of dog owners and dog lovers. The work of the Social Media Editor will help grow our audience and bring our mission to life across all channels.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Develop and build on our overall social media strategy, audience growth plan, content calendar, and measurement framework with a focus on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Conceive smart, effective, and creative ideas designed for social distribution. You must be able to execute on those ideas—typically that will mean writing, but may also mean helping produce images, graphics and social video content independently and in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
- Contribute day to day in the creation of content for all our channels including Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook. You’ll take the lead on developing ideas at all levels of ambition—from responsive, quick hits, to major, long-lead series.
- Work with our brand and data team to uncover social media audience insights that can be used across our business.
- Generate great ideas for working with influencers, and then execute those ideas, in collaboration with our growth team.
- Develop content that’s going to take us into new audience segments and bring our topic and point of view to a mainstream audience, and to specific communities.
- Bring rigor to determining optimal social media stack, taking into account the need for social listening/insight generation, cross-platform publishing, customer service / comment tracking, and measurement needs. And you’ll take the lead on evaluating new platforms and thinking ahead on where and how we should show up next.
We're Excited About You Because
- 4+ years of professional working experience in a content related field
- At least 3 years of recent, hands-on experience creating for a social channel/channels, generating and creating stories for either a brand or media outlet
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of content creation protocols and best practices for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
- Strong understanding of how content across different social channels and platforms can build and grow a brand
- Must have experience using social media analytics tools
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Fresh breakfast, snacks and coffee for the humans
- Strict daily belly rub quota