Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Where You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for a strategic Acquisition Manager to join our Growth team. In this role, your mandate will be to increase our customer base efficiently by leading planning, strategy, experimentation and execution across key digital channels, namely paid social and native, with opportunity for additional channels as well. You’ll work closely with teams across the business to understand the efficacy of our tests and work daily to implement a world-class paid social program that fuels customer growth while clearly cementing The Farmer’s Dog as an authoritative resource for pet health & wellness information.
This role requires someone motivated to set and exceed aggressive key results through an approach that is at once highly analytical and focused on story-telling. You should be obsessed both with deeply understanding Facebook’s algorithm in search of an edge over other participants in the auction and with deeply understanding our customer’s behaviors and needs. You have a history of empowering your creative team to design winning creative messages for different moments in the customer journey and you’ve innovated ways to leverage Facebook’s pixel to accomplish this in the past.
How You'll Make an Impact
- Execute a strategy that scales what we are doing today by 3X+ while maintaining or improving efficiency
- Create an effective cross-channel attribution model that shows the predicts the impact of each of their channels on our overall mix
- Fully manage our paid social & native channels and effectively hit targets each month
- Research, negotiate, and onboard partners and software to improve overall program performance
- Collaborate with the in-house design team to design and implement world-class creative, compelling landing pages, and personalized user flows
- Collaborate with the retention team to ensure payback periods are managed and optimized
We're Excited About You Because
- 4+ years experience managing performance marketing campaigns for direct to consumer brands, subscription business models are a plus
- Experience managing multi-million dollar budgets across major paid social channels
- Excellent analytical skills and a whiz in Excel with SQL experience; Python a plus
- You approach everything with a testing mindset - you know how to run an effective A/B test, the value of incrementality, and the impact of any experiment you run
- Challenges excite you - you enjoy finding solutions and thinking at both the strategic and tactical level
- You are a phenomenal communicator and strong in data viz - you always translate jargon and tables into digestible information because you know that empowering your team makes you more effective
- You’re passionate about improving the pet industry and prefer dogs to other species.
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota