WHO WE ARE
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
WHAT'S THE ROLE?
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for a Fulfillment Optimization Manager to join our Operations Team. We are looking for this individual to partner with our internal supply chain team to roll out new improvements and procedures, as well as scope the company’s 2021 and future fulfillment with prospective external fulfillment partners.
The main goal of the Fulfillment Optimization Manager will be to successfully drive our fulfillment network’s capabilities to stay ahead of growth and offer new capabilities & flexibilities for order fulfillment and in-box experience. This person will need to work closely with our current fulfillment partners to implement improvements and analyze fulfillment needs for the business in the next 3 years. This individual will also need to identify additional partners and capabilities accordingly.
From a day-to-day perspective, the Fulfillment Optimization Manager will be responsible for owning the relationship with partners within the fulfillment space, operationalizing new and innovative consumer products that differentiate The Farmer’s Dog from competitors, and managing CapEx investment from the business. They will also act as the foremost authority on the company’s current & future fulfillment network strategy.
- Work with our Senior Management Team to spearhead innovation projects focused on scaling our operations and expanding the customer offering
- Own strategic planning for the future fulfillment network - capabilities and requirements, geographic footprint, technological needs, and when to use internal vs external resources
- Drive improvements across company’s outside fulfillment partners and in-house supply chain team
- Own the fulfillment P&L including KPIs for order throughput, in-box customization, and error rate
- Partner with cross-functional teams - Procurement, Fulfillment, and Logistics - to provide supply chain insights to produce more successful results
- 8+ years of overall experience in a business-centric field
- 4+ years of experience working at a management consulting firm with focused work in fulfillment or experience working with a leading fulfillment company
- Recent experience analyzing & optimizing fulfillment center processes and networks to drive efficiency and reduce error rate & cost
- Hands-on experience working with a Warehouse Management System and Excel
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Fresh breakfast, snacks and coffee for the humans
- Strict daily belly rub quota