Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Joining the Pack
The Farmer’s Dog is seeking a kind, earnest and team-oriented human to join our team in New York City as the Head of Contract Manufacturing. As a member of our Operations team, you will be directly responsible for overseeing our current manufacturing relationships and the performance of the P&L of all food costs.
Our Head of Contract Manufacturing will own the 3-5 year roadmap and strategy for food production of The Farmer’s Dog including but not limited to identifying and launching new manufacturers and product lines, building out process and structure for daily execution activities as well as food safety protocols, and hiring your team to support. The Director of Manufacturing will work closely with our Head of Operations and Director of Supply Chain to hold our partners accountable and ensure we continually strive to improve operations.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Oversee our manufacturing P&L, which has a significant impact on the total business
- Evaluate current vendor network and negotiate with new vendors on cost, capacity, and capabilities necessary to our supply model
- Hold manufacturing partners accountable to timelines and agreed upon SLAs
- Identify and onboard new manufacturers given our internal product roadmap
- Build and manage a team to ensure manufacturer compliance
- Responsible for developing and executing our manufacturing roadmap for the next 3-5 years
We're Excited About You Because You Have...
- 10+ years of experience working in supply chain operations
- 4+ years managing relationships with existing co-manufacturing vendors
- 2+ years directly leading a team
- Experience developing and negotiating new relationships with contract manufacturing vendors
- Previously worked within the Fresh Food industry
- Experience helping drive commercialization for a high-growth company, consumer goods preferred
- A proactive problem-solver who can develop a plan with limited inputs
- Analytical thinker who can quantitatively determine the success of a project
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Fresh breakfast, snacks and coffee for the humans
- Strict daily belly rub quota