WHO WE ARE
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
WHAT'S THE ROLE?
Our operations team is at the core of everything we do at The Farmer's Dog. As our lead Food Scientist, you will develop product formulations, ensure nutritional compliance with our high food quality standards, and become our internal subject matter expert for all things related to pet nutrition. You will work closely with our best-in-class nutritionists and food scientists to develop the future of pet food.
- Develop new formulas that make fresh food accessible for all pet owners
- Optimize current recipes to evaluate and improve palatability
- Work closely with our manufacturing partners to monitor and improve processes
- Partner with nutritionists and veterinarians to address fresh pet food concerns and collaborate with leaders in the pet food space
- Educate our customer experience team on high level pet nutrition questions and ensure we are providing accurate, actionable responses to customers
- Advanced degree in food science, nutrition or related field
- 3-7 years of experience working for a large food CPG company in a R&D, Nutrition or Product Development role
- Experience developing and formulating fresh food recipes, pet food experience is a plus
- A problem solver who can develop a plan with limited inputs
- Familiarity with AAFCO Pet Food regulations
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Fresh breakfast, snacks and coffee for the humans
- Strict daily belly rub quota