WHO WE ARE
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
WHAT'S THE ROLE?
For most brands, "content" is a tick-the-box afterthought that gets lost in the clutter and has little strategic or business value. We're looking for a leader to flip that on its head and turn content into a powerful brand- and business-building vehicle for The Farmer's Dog. There are few journeys as rewarding (and confusing) as pet parenthood, and we have the potential to meaningfully and authentically help people navigate that journey - beginning with health and nutrition but extending far beyond that. From understanding pain points and debunking fads to figuring out what to say and when and how to say it (or not say it at all), this role represents a unique opportunity to define and execute a strategy, grow and retain a passionate audience base, and in the process help dogs and dog people everywhere live their best lives.
- Partner with the Senior Director of Brand to define The Farmer's Dog's overall content strategy, calendar, and measurement/KPI framework
- Create audience development and content plans spanning owned social channels, blog/content hub, e-mail, website, and other channels
- Develop and lead the optimal creative model for effectively and efficiently delivering on our content needs across the customer lifecycle, managing external partners as needed
- Collaborate across functional areas - from Performance Marketing and Community to Engineering and Customer Experience - to align on content needs and ensure it's being applied and amplified, internally and externally
- Identify, evaluate, brief, and manage individual brand, publisher, and media partners for specific content initiatives
- Use first-, second-, and third-party data to surface and prioritize content needs and grow our audience
- Act as a steward of The Farmer's Dog brand and a more thoughtful approach to content strategy and development
- A true "whole-brained" thinker and doer with a deep understanding of how content across different channels and platforms can build and grow a brand
- A clear, responsive communicator, verbally and in writing
- Comfortable oscillating between big-picture strategy and in-the-weeds execution
- Curious about new channels and tactics and how to apply them (or not) to our own content strategy
- Driven by data and intuition, and have a sense for which to prioritize when
- A resourceful and empathetic researcher who is as comfortable decoding the latest research paper on canine nutrition to chatting with a customer about their life with a new puppy
- Incredibly organized and a masterful manager of your own, and others’, time
- Adaptable to different working styles, mindsets, and personalities, showcasing a willingness to collaborate with all
- Excited about proactively coming up with and implementing ideas (big and small) that will help grow our brand and audience
- Attentive to detail with high standards of quality while maintaining an (authentically) friendly, positive attitude
- Flexible and open-minded, but also have strong convictions and a POV that you can clearly communicate and defend
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Fresh breakfast, snacks and coffee for the humans
- Strict daily belly rub quota