WHO WE ARE
The Farmer’s Dog exists to simplify giving every dog their best life. First up? Completely reimagining what pet food is, how it’s made, and how it’s delivered. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Our company was launched after our Co-founder, Brett’s, battle to cure the stomach issues of his Rottweiler, Jada. He quickly realized just how broken the commercial pet food industry was - even the “organic” and “natural” varieties proved to be heavily processed - and it was only when his vet recommended a fresh, home-cooked diet that Jada began to improve and was eventually cured. Through a combination of proprietary technology, and a lot of heart, our direct-to-consumer service was born.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Only “dream job” applicants, please. #mustlovedogs
WHAT'S THE ROLE?
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for an innovate and analytical CRM & Email Marketing Associate. Your job will be to develop and optimize an efficient and impactful lifecycle communication ecosystem that spans multiple channels and marketing end-points.
You’ll be joining the Growth Marketing Team, which partners with departments across the business to meaningfully grow The Farmer’s Dog’s active customer base. As such, your projects will be diverse in both execution (channel, creative, etc.) and goals (order rate, churn prevention, reengagement, retention, etc.). So, if you have a knack for driving results through data-lead executions and a profound appreciation for the impact of design/copy, this role is for you!
- Optimize the user experience from the moment they leave our website for the first time.
- Test, iterate, and optimize all automated marketing communications across The Farmer’s Dog’s lifecycle (email, SMS, direct mail, etc.).
- Build new campaign workflows for triggered campaigns - including targeting, channel & timing selection, if/then scenarios, and automated tasks.
- Craft and execute a comprehensive ad-hoc email calendar that leverages content, offers, and personalization to grow The Farmer’s Dog’s customer base.
- Work closely across the business to craft high-impact, meaningful creative executions that meaningfully improve users’ experiences.
- Partner with our Tech, CX, Brand, and Operations teams to improve the utility and impact of our customer communications (order delivery, etc.).
- Explore channels outside of email to deliver the best possible experience to our customers and leads.
- 1-2 years of experience in email marketing.
- Marketing automation experience (huge bonus points for experience with Simon Data).
- Demonstrated experience working with data to drive campaign ideation and performance.
- Strong knowledge of CAN-SPAM, GDPR, and opt-in and opt-out practices.
- Proven experience with campaign development, from briefs through working with creative teams to launch.
- Basic to intermediate working knowledge of HTML for emails and best practices with subject lines, call-to-action, template, and content. Bonus points for working knowledge of python-based personalization tags (Django, Jinja, Liquid, etc.)
- Working knowledge of SQL (or willingness/interest to learn quickly)
PERKS & BENEFITS
- DOGS EVERYWHERE!
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Discount on TFD food for your pup!
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental and Vision
- Unlimited vacation & sick days
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Team outings, coffee always brewed fresh, and a strong snack game