WHO WE ARE
The Farmer’s Dog exists to simplify giving every dog their best life. First up? Completely reimagining what pet food is, how it’s made, and how it’s delivered. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Our company was launched after our Co-founder, Brett’s, battle to cure the stomach issues of his Rottweiler, Jada. He quickly realized just how broken the commercial pet food industry was - even the “organic” and “natural” varieties proved to be heavily processed - and it was only when his vet recommended a fresh, home-cooked diet that Jada began to improve and was eventually cured. Through a combination of proprietary technology, and a lot of heart, our direct-to-consumer service was born.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
Only “dream job” applicants, please. #mustlovedogs
WHAT'S THE ROLE?
At The Farmer’s Dog, we have a very strong culture of making data-driven decisions. The Data Strategy & Insights team, specifically, works on constantly bringing our whole organization to higher levels. We turn green into yellow and blue.
As a Statistician on TFD’s Data Strategy & Insights team, you will leverage your strong statistical abilities to uncover meaningful insights from our large variety of data sets and many experiments. You will use your R skills to quickly dive through our data, weed out the randomness and find the true signal. You will find meaningful effects, isolate noise, and share insights that will quickly be turned into actions and leveraged by a variety of stakeholders.
This is a highly visible role, working closely with stakeholders across the company, including Growth, Marketing, Operations, Customer Experience, Finance and others. You will have a strong influence on the design and analysis of our experiments and general knowledge procurement.
- Analyze large data sets and develop custom models to uncover trends, patterns, and insights in customer and business data
- Deep-dive into experiment results
- Help design new experiments
- Create reports & dashboards that support a wide variety of business needs
- Interpret consumer research studies and help guide the business strategy based on the results
- Work cross-functionally to understand and elevate the analytics functions of experience development, business development, consumer marketing strategy, margin optimization, etc.
- Support brand and growth teams who are charged with creating campaigns, messaging, and managing channel initiatives
- Bring customer profiles, personalities, and needs to life within the company
- Extremely strong background in Statistics
- Ability to switch back and forth between Bayesian and Frequentist approaches
- Highly comfortable with both SQL and R to extract, manipulate, and analyze data
- Familiarity with STAN (or rstan / ratanarm) a bonus, but not required
- Proven history of delivering consumer-led business outcomes
- Strong focus on customer-centric approaches (what’s best for our customers)
- Understanding of business initiatives, and how they would show up in data-form
- Ability to articulate consumer insights, influence decision making POVs, all the while successfully building productive working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Natural curiosity -- asking the next question and seeking to understand at the nuanced level to spark a new idea
- Must play nicely with others (humans and dogs)
- Prefer dogs to other species.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Dogs everywhere!
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Discount on TFD food for your pup!
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental and Vision
- Unlimited vacation & sick days
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Team outings, coffee always brewed fresh, and a strong snack game