The Farmer’s Dog is the leading tech-enabled pet health brand on a mission to disrupt the $90b global pet food industry. The company is VC backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
In a industry with little regulation, constant recalls, and rampant misleading advertising, The Farmer’s Dog brings a fresh perspective that all dog lovers have been waiting for. Utilizing its proprietary technology, The Farmer’s Dog’s first service reimagines pet food by making healthy, fresh food incredibly easy to feed. Vet-developed subscriptions are personalized to each customer, while fresh, human-grade food is pre-portioned for each dog and home-delivered within days of cooking. The service has delivered millions of meals and is quickly revolutionizing the broken pet food industry.
The company was launched after Brett’s battle to cure his dog’s stomach issues illustrated how processed and un-healthy even “organic” and “natural” pet food truly was. After testing every pet food on the market without success, Brett resorted to a fresh, home-cooked diet at his vet’s recommendation. The results were staggering — Jada was cured. Once he realized how powerful and healthy fresh food can be, he teamed up with Jonathan to develop a fresh alternative to pet food and created the product they wished existed for their own dogs (and dogs everywhere).
Join The Farmer’s Dog team on its mission to bring peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and fundamentally change the way people think about caring for their pets.
Only “dream job” applicants, please. #mustlovedogs
Our operations team is at the core of everything we do at The Farmer's Dog. The team is looking for a motivated, strategic thinker to solve the company’s most pressing problems. As a Project Manager, you will work cross-functionally to understand current pain-points, develop strategies to make our operation more efficient, and partner with the proper team(s) to execute. It will be a great opportunity to learn the key cost-drivers for an online business and optimize processes that impact company financials and our customer experience.
- Partner with our Finance, Brand, Customer Experience and Tech teams to understand current processes and develop new strategies
- Track initiatives, manage timelines and oversee the day-to-day aspects of projects and scope
- Develop scalable systems and processes to support projects
- Evaluate vendor operations according to quality standards
- Help foster trusting relationships with business partners
- Dive into ad hoc projects
- Perform in a fast-paced environment while continuing to be detail-focused
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of experience in consulting, banking or startups
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented and ability to multitask and prioritize
- Critical thinking, problem solving and issue resolution skills
- Proactive self-starter- ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion
- Ability to collect data to gather insights and make recommendations
- Highly motivated, innovative, and able to respond to the challenges of changing customer needs
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bonus: working knowledge of SQL
- Must play nicely with others (humans and dogs)
- Prefer dogs to other species
Health, dental, avocado toast, puppies