The Farmer’s Dog is the leading tech-enabled pet health brand on a mission to disrupt the $90b global pet food industry. The company is VC backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
In a industry with little regulation, constant recalls, and rampant misleading advertising, The Farmer’s Dog brings a fresh perspective that all dog lovers have been waiting for. Utilizing its proprietary technology, The Farmer’s Dog’s first service reimagines pet food by making healthy, fresh food incredibly easy to feed. Vet-developed subscriptions are personalized to each customer, while fresh, human-grade food is pre-portioned for each dog and home-delivered within days of cooking. The service has delivered millions of meals and is quickly revolutionizing the broken pet food industry.
The company was launched after Brett’s battle to cure his dog’s stomach issues illustrated how processed and un-healthy even “organic” and “natural” pet food truly was. After testing every pet food on the market without success, Brett resorted to a fresh, home-cooked diet at his vet’s recommendation. The results were staggering — Jada was cured. Once he realized how powerful and healthy fresh food can be, he teamed up with Jonathan to develop a fresh alternative to pet food and created the product they wished existed for their own dogs (and dogs everywhere).
Join The Farmer’s Dog team on its mission to bring peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and fundamentally change the way people think about caring for their pets.
Only “dream job” applicants, please. #mustlovedogs
The Farmer’s Dog seeks a Director of Data & Insights to create and lead all data driven functions for the brand. This person will develop and lead all analytics functions at The Farmer's Dog, help drive key data driven consumer insights by proposing informed hypotheses, and create test and learning agendas for the brand.
- Define, prioritize, and shape consumer needs-based opportunities in the pet health and wellness space
- Analyze large data sets and develop custom models/algorithms to uncover trends, patterns, and insights in customer data
- Own The Farmer’s Dog Customer buyer file. Consumer Insights research delivered by this individual will be used to guide business strategy, direct to consumer product and experience development, and customer marketing strategy
- Support brand and growth teams who are charged with creating campaigns, messaging, and managing channel initiatives
- Bring customer profiles, personalities, and needs to life within the company
- Drive the intersection of consumer needs, testing, and measurement (test & learn) agendas of the business
- Core foundational projects will include an ongoing program focused on consumer intelligence, identifying and tracking trends at the intersection of consumers, content and technology, distilling the relationship between consumers and their data, and mapping how decisions impact optimization and full funnel growth opportunities.
- 5+ years of experience using data and analytics to drive business
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL and its applications
- Working knowledge of Python or R
- Proven record of delivering consumer-led business outcomes
- A combination of strategic, intuitive, and quantitative skills – a puzzle solver, who enjoys creatively sharing stories and linking all of that back to the business in a way that has direct impact on decisions
- Proven track record of delivering on business objectives – from structuring work, people and interdependencies; prioritizing; executing and presenting and influencing outcomes based on learnings
- Ability to articulate consumer insights, influence decision making POVs, all the while successfully building productive working relationships with cross functional teams
- Natural curiosity -- asking the next question and seeking to understand at the nuanced level to spark a new idea
Health, dental, avocado toast, puppies.