The Farmer’s Dog is the leading tech-enabled pet health brand on a mission to disrupt the $90b global pet food industry. The company is VC backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
In an industry with little regulation, constant recalls, and rampant misleading advertising, The Farmer’s Dog brings a fresh perspective that all dog lovers have been waiting for. Utilizing its proprietary technology, The Farmer’s Dog’s first service reimagines pet food by making healthy, fresh food incredibly easy to feed. Vet-developed subscriptions are personalized to each customer, while fresh, human-grade food is pre-portioned for each dog and home-delivered within days of cooking. The service has delivered millions of meals and is quickly revolutionizing the broken pet food industry.
The company was launched after Brett’s battle to cure his dog’s stomach issues illustrated how processed and un-healthy even “organic” and “natural” pet food truly was. After testing every pet food on the market without success, Brett resorted to a fresh, home-cooked diet at his vet’s recommendation. The results were staggering — Jada was cured. Once he realized how powerful and healthy fresh food can be, he teamed up with Jonathan to develop a fresh alternative to pet food and created the product they wished existed for their own dogs (and dogs everywhere).
Join The Farmer’s Dog team on its mission to bring peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and fundamentally change the way people think about caring for their pets.
Only “dream job” applicants, please. #mustlovedogs
We’re looking for an innovative SEO Lead to run our organic search efforts. You’ll be tasked with evolving a crucial facet of the marketing mix at an incredibly exciting brand that’s changing the way people feed their pets.
In this role, you’ll work closely with teams across the business to implement a world-class search marketing program that fuels customer growth while clearly cementing The Farmer’s Dog as an authoritative resource for pet health & wellness information.
We’re looking for someone with hands-on experience with direct-response search tools as well as a deep understanding of SEO who can advise our content, brand, and engineering teams on the implementation of a comprehensive organic search strategy.
- Be The Farmer’s Dog’s subject matter expert on all things on-site and off-site SEO
- Lead the development and optimization of all SEO programs
- Have the vision and ability to implement a world-class SEO framework that encompasses technical, content, and product optimization facets.
- Work closely with brand and content teams to improve organic rankings for target keywords/topics
- Partner with in-house Tech & Engineering teams to implement on-site SEO ranking upgrades and optimizations
- Meaningfully grow organic search as a strategic acquisition & retention medium for The Farmer's Dog
- Manage our relationship with any and all relevant third-party search partners.
- Provide relevant insight and analysis of search-related metrics and trends.
- Want to work for a brand that’s working to make a positive impact on the world.
- Have a few years of experience in search, either in-house or at an agency (bonus points for experience with start ups or subscription models).
- Have a deep, meaningful understanding of on-page and technical SEO ranking principles.
- Love using data and performance marketing techniques to solve problems and drive efficiency at scale.
- Have a knack for developing or recognizing good content and copy.
- Are an expert in all things search reporting (Adwords, Google Analytics, Search Console, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, etc.)
- Get bonus points for any SQL, HTML, or other relevant technical skills.
- Must play nicely with others (humans and dogs)
- Prefer dogs to other species.
Health, dental, avocado toast, puppies. Beat that Google.