EVERY™ is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company and market leader using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change-makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
Join EVERY™ and help shape the future of food. We are seeking a high-powered Director of Business Development to unleash EVERY™’s full commercial potential. If you are a creative, unrelenting dealmaker with a passion for food innovation who feels called to transform our broken food system, then this role is for you.
The EVERY Company™, based in Daly City, is a leading VC-backed food tech company. EVERY™ uses precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry.. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change-makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more robust, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined, (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
What you'll accomplish:
- Commercial Dealmaking: Lead negotiations and execution of high-impact commercial deals, including everything from simple product transactions to creatively structured, multi-faceted collaborations and partnerships.
- Customer Relationship Building: Cultivate strong customer relationships and manage key accounts from first conversation to deal execution.
Growth Strategy Development: Develop and implement comprehensive commercial strategies to accelerate product adoption, explore new markets, and position EVERY™ as a functional ingredients powerhouse.
- Strategic Market Positioning: Analyze and position the company in the market, focusing on identifying emerging trends in the plant-based and alternative protein sectors. Monitor competitors' strategies and products to maintain a competitive edge in the market.
- Customer Enablement: Engage with key customers and industry stakeholders to understand their pain points, ensuring product alignment with customer needs and preferences. Collaborate with product and R&D teams to provide market-driven insights for new product development or enhancements to existing products.
- Team Development: Build, lead, and inspire a high-performing Business Development team. Equip the sales team with the necessary tools, information, and strategies to effectively sell EVERY™ product to target food manufacturers.
- Cross-Functional Coordination: Collaborate with Marketing, Applications Development, Protein Science, Supply Chain, and Regulatory teams to ensure commercial success at every stage.
What you'll bring (required):
- Minimum 8 years of proven experience in Business Development or Strategic Partnerships, with a track record of negotiating complex agreements.
- Highly collaborative: capable of working cross-functionally to gather and synthesize key product, market, customer, regulatory, and supply chain information
- Dynamic problem-solver: capable of working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, highly dynamic technology company
- Strong communications: able to clearly distill complex product and technology information into easy-to-digest sales materials, emails, presentations, or demonstrations
- Highly professional: experience engaging with multinational customers, senior leadership, consumers, commercial partners, and Board members in a respectful and professional manner
- Mission-driven, resourceful, team-oriented, and low-ego with a positive attitude
- Experience or interest in the intersection of biology and technology at a high-growth company
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results that align with EVERY’s goals and values.
Nice to Have:
- Previous operating, investing, or servicing experience in biotech, food tech, agricultural, synthetic biology, ingredients, flavor & fragrance, alternative proteins, and/or precision fermentation industries.
- Knowledge of and experience with novel ingredients, or innovative food product commercialization.
- MBA or other graduate degree
Why you’ll love it here:
- Generous benefits package; 100% medical, dental, and vision employee coverage, 401k matching, and stock options
- Weekly catered lunches
- Optional benefits; FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Flexible PTO and 10+ paid company holidays per year
- Free parking and unlimited gym access
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee, and tea
- Themed happy hours and quarterly company outings
- Monthly all-hands meetings and opportunity to directly speak with CEO and leadership
- Close to Daly City BART
Pay Range: $216,847 - $222,114 + Bonus
At EVERY™ pay ranges are subject to change and assigned to a job based on the location specific market median of similar jobs according to 3rd party salary benchmark surveys. Individual pay within that range can vary for several reasons including skills/capabilities, experience, and available budget.
Dedication to Diversity
EVERY is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive work environment. We want our workplace to enable productivity and meaningful work for individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves at work.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to accommodation as required by law. CDC defines fully vaccinated as: 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfzier or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine.