EVERY™ is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company and market leader using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change-makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
We are on the lookout for a hands-on Senior Process Engineer specializing in upstream processing, who thrives in a practical, on-the-floor environment while leading operation teams towards excellence. Your primary domain will encompass both bioreactor and downstream operations where your expertise will drive process optimizations and operational troubleshooting directly on the plant floor.
What you'll accomplish:
- Lead the daily hustle of upstream & downstream processes in the pilot plant, making informed decisions, troubleshooting real-time issues, and ensuring schedule adherence through effective communication and sharp judgment, with minimal oversight.
- Foster seamless communication across shifts, support resources, project teams, and management. Your role will include spearheading handover meetings, escalating issues promptly, and keeping all stakeholders updated on operational statuses.
- Be the go-to problem solver during operations, identifying root causes of operational hurdles, proposing and implementing process enhancements directly on the floor to ensure smoother workflows.
- Utilize Asana for task management, ensuring a fair distribution of assignments among Bioprocess Engineers, and stepping into the operations whenever necessary to keep the processes on track.
- Promote and implement efficient operational techniques, standardizing work protocols across the department to achieve operational consistency and excellence.
- Be a hands-on subject matter expert, authoring SOPs, BMR’s, and serving as a qualified trainer for procedural adherence, imparting practical knowledge through direct interaction.
- Ensure all staff are well-trained, comfortable, and proficient in executing work according to established procedures, promoting a culture of on-the-floor learning and teamwork.
- Uphold a safety-first culture both on and off the floor, ensuring all team members adhere to proper safety protocols while engaged in practical work.
- Analyze operational data, derive actionable insights, and present findings and process recommendations to the team, management, and project stakeholders in a clear, concise manner.
- Exhibit ability to work actively within the pilot plant settings, stand for extended periods, and handle material lifting up to 40 lbs.
What you'll bring (required):
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience with a strong background in microbial fermentation, hands-on manufacturing/pilot-plant operations, and practical troubleshooting of processes.
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemical, mechanical engineering, or a related field.
- Profound understanding of cell physiology as it pertains to precision fermentation, and a solid grasp of stainless steel bioreactor P&ID,
- 3+ years of experience in on-the-floor management, leading, mentoring, and developing staff within a practical, hands-on operational environment.
- Exceptional communication skills, detail-oriented, organized, proactive, and adept at handling complex systems and smoothly transitioning between tasks.
Nice to have:
- Practical experience in downstream protein purification at pilot scales.
- Hands-on ability to troubleshoot in-house utility systems such as boilers.
Why you’ll love it here:
- Comprehensive benefits: 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401k matching, and stock options
- Tasty perks: Weekly catered lunches
- Customizable options: FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Work-life harmony: Flexible PTO and 10+ paid company holidays per year
- Onsite conveniences: Free parking and unlimited gym access
- Energizing refreshments: Unlimited sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee, and tea
- Exciting socials: Themed happy hours and quarterly company outings
- Open communication: Monthly all-hands meetings and direct access to CEO and leadership
- Ideal location: Close to Daly City BART and Caltrain stations
Pay Range: $119,989 - $122,555
At EVERY™ pay ranges are subject to change and assigned to a job based on the location specific market median of similar jobs according to 3rd party salary benchmark surveys. Individual pay within that range can vary for several reasons including skills/capabilities, experience, and available budget.
Dedication to Diversity
EVERY is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive work environment. We want our workplace to enable productivity and meaningful work for individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves at work.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to accommodation as required by law. CDC defines fully vaccinated as: 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfzier or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine.