EVERY™, based in South San Francisco, is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. Originally founded as Clara Foods in 2014, EVERY™ rebranded in 2021 to better convey its vision to bring animal-free proteins to everyone, everywhere. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined, (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
This individual will lead our strain engineering team and drive the development and optimization of novel strains for our fermentation-based production processes.
- Leading and managing the strain engineering team to achieve company goals and objectives. Reporting important findings on a regular basis to technology leadership.
- Developing and implementing strategies for the optimization of strain performance and product yield
- Identifying and implementing new genetic engineering techniques to improve strain performance
- Collaborating with R&D and Process Development teams to integrate new strains into production processes
- Identifying and engaging in collaborations with leaders in industry or academia.
- Staying current with industry developments and advancements in strain engineering.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements
- A Ph.D. in Microbiology, Biochemistry, or a related field
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in strain engineering, with at least 5 years in a leadership role. Successful record of building and leading technology teams.
- Strong understanding of microbial genetics and genetic engineering techniques. Specifically, strong experience in yeast strain engineering is preferred but not required.
- Experience with yeast fermentation-based processes
- Successful record in yeast strain improvement programs focused on protein expression.
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
What EVERY™ offers for Full-Time Positions:
- Generous benefits package; 100% medical, dental, and vision employee coverage, 401k matching, and stock
- Optional benefits; FSA, HSA, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Flexible PTO and 14 paid company holidays per year
- Parental Leave: 10 weeks of parental leave and 6 weeks of childbirth leave
- Free parking, unlimited gym access, lounge, mini-golf patio, yoga and fitness classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee and tea
- Weekly virtual happy hours & lunches
- Monthly all-hands meetings and 1:1 with CEO and leadership
- Close to South San Francisco BART and CalTrain stations, including free shuttle service
Pay Range: $162,550 - $190,550
At EVERY™ pay ranges are subject to change and assigned to a job based on the location specific market median of similar jobs according to 3rd party salary benchmark surveys. Individual pay within that range can vary for several reasons including skills/capabilities, experience, and available budget.
EVERY™ is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to accommodation as required by law. CDC defines fully vaccinated as: 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfzier or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine.