EVERY™, based in South San Francisco, is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. Originally founded as Clara Foods in 2014, EVERY™ rebranded in 2021 to better convey its vision to bring animal-free proteins to everyone, everywhere. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined, (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
About the role:
From your first day here, you will help shape the future of food with the EVERY company’s portfolio of egg proteins. You’ll research, identify, and nurture new customer opportunities to supercharge EVERY’s role in accelerating the world’s transition to animal-free protein. Your creative and scrappy approach to relationships will contribute to the company’s launch and growth of protein product lines through distributor partners. Most importantly you have a bias for action, do what you say, act like an owner, and are deeply committed to delivering results that accelerate EVERY’s mission.
With growth capital secured, EVERY™ must refine and execute on its strategic roadmap to achieve its ambition of becoming the largest egg protein producer in the world. Join our team, own your destiny, and lead the world's transition to animal-free protein.
- Manage current and new customer relationships as the main point of contact in collaboration with Marketing, Application Development, Supply Chain and other technical leads as necessary
- Identify opportunities to leverage EVERY’s alternative proteins by application, geography, and channel and nurture the highest potential opportunities through ideation, prioritization, business case, application development, testing and commercialization
- Contribute to and build on the commercial strategy of the business leveraging primary and secondary research
- Lead forecasting and pipeline management for respective products
- Support distributor partners to close new business and drive innovation and strategic direction in new applications
- Develop strong internal and external relationships that equip you with the tools to be successful in the role
- Feed external customer needs back into the organization to inform product development and new protein strategy
Minimum Qualifications and Education
- Partnerships experience source, diligence, and help close complex deals to accelerate, derisk, and expand commercialization
- Highly strategic: experience decomposing real-world business problems and formulating strategies by analyzing data, thinking from first principles, and iterating quickly to deliver results
- Highly collaborative: capable of working cross-functionally to gather and synthesize key strategic information
- Highly scrappy: capable of working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, ever-changing technology company
- Capacity to handle ambiguity and adapt to changing business needs with a bias for action
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills under tight deadlines
- Excellent project management, problem-solving, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Mission-oriented, resourceful, team-oriented, and low-ego with a positive attitude
- BA or BS degree (MBA is a plus)
- 8+years of experience in business development-related field
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Experience or interest in the intersection of biology and technology at a high-growth company
Nice-to-have (but not required)
- Experience at a high-growth startup in the ingredient, flavor, agricultural, and food strongly preferred
- Syn-Bio/food product launch & growth experience a plus
- Ability to leverage your flexible and diverse skill set as an “athlete” to plug and play in strategic business development initiatives as needed
- Experience in securing long-term commitments with customers
- Experience working in co-branded partnerships
- Experience identifying strong customer champions and change makers that can drive a deal forward
- Aptitude to learn technical and scientific information
- Ability to work independently (self-starter) and as a team member
- Strong communication skills with an aptitude to take complex ideas and simplify them into meaningful and compelling messages in presentations to customers & executives
- Experience in analyzing primary and secondary research, digesting the information, and leveraging it for use in sales presentations,
product marketing decisions, and overall business decision making
- Highly analytical with a bias for action to find scrappy ways to solve
complex problems, while maintaining attention to detail and organization
- Demonstrated experience with cross-functional collaboration
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment with the ability to adapt and support others through change, ambiguity and complexity
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Available to travel domestically and internationally approximately < 25%
- This role will be based in our South San Francisco office, but can allow for flexible work locations or at home work depending on candidate needs
This position is for our South San Francisco location - there is no relocation assistance offered at this time.
Pay Range: $186,000 - $206,000
At EVERY™ pay ranges are subject to change and assigned to a job based on the location specific market median of similar jobs according to 3rd party salary benchmark surveys. Individual pay within that range can vary for several reasons including skills/capabilities, experience, and available budget.
EVERY™ is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to accommodation as required by law. CDC defines fully vaccinated as: 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfzier or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine.