EVERY™, based in South San Francisco, is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. Originally founded as Clara Foods in 2014, EVERY™ rebranded in 2021 to better convey its vision to bring animal-free proteins to everyone, everywhere. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined, (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
The EVERY Company is looking for an Analytical Chemistry Research Associate l. As a Research Associate on the Analytical Sciences team, you will report to and work under the close supervision of the Lead Scientist and apply innovative tools and automation to provide insights into The EVERY Company bioprocess workstreams, working cross-functionally with the Strain, Process, and Applications teams in areas such as QA/QC, process optimization, and protein characterization.
- Under the supervision of your manager you will perform routine assays to support upstream/downstream process characterization and high throughput screening
- You will compile, study and interpret data to present in team meetings while working cross-
- functionally to assist in developing new experiments to support project goals
- You will assist in assay validation, testing external protocols, writing SOPs, and generating technology transfer documents for external groups
- You will maintain analytical equipment in a calibrated and operational state
- You will keep a detailed and complete record of all work performed
- B.S. degree in a relevant field (chemistry, biochemistry, biochemical engineering, chemical engineering, biological sciences)
- 1 to 3 years of industry and/or academic experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good teamwork, ability to multitask, and organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Nice-to-have (but not required):
- Experience in basic biochemistry/molecular biology techniques (including but not limited to
- SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting, UV-Vis spectrophotometry, BCA/Bradford to facilitate sample
- Characterization. Experience with Dionex 3000 and Vanquish HPLC systems and Chromeleon software a plus.
What EVERY™ can Offer for Full-Time Positions:
- Generous benefits package; 100% medical, dental, and vision employee coverage, 401k matching, and stock
- Optional benefits; FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Flexible PTO and 14 paid company holidays per year
- Parental Leave: 10 weeks of parental leave and 6 weeks of childbirth leave
- Free parking, unlimited gym access, lounge, mini-golf patio, yoga and fitness classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee and tea
- Weekly virtual happy hours & lunches
- Monthly all-hands meetings and 1:1 with CEO and leadership
- Close to South San Francisco BART and CalTrain stations, including free shuttle service
EVERY™ is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to accommodation as required by law. CDC defines fully vaccinated as: 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfzier or Moderna vaccines; or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnsons Janssen vaccine.